Help switching up a combo {with namebank}

Hi my lovelies! I moved some names around in my masc shortlist, and now I need a new name to round out my Gothic Immortal combo. Feel free to reference the moodboard thread here for inspiration!

The two names that I’m set on are Balthasar, in either the first or second slot, and Wolf, in either the second or third slot. Here is the list of names I’m considering to round out the combo:

Abraxas - a mystical being in Gnostic tradition, demonized by the Catholic church; suggested meanings include, “the hallowed word,” “the host of winged ones,” and “the unbegotten Father;” related to the word Abracadabra, which means, “I create as I speak.”
Alaric - “all-powerful ruler”
Amadeus - “lover of God;” not my favorite meaning, but I love the connection to Mozart and the way it sounds like Asmodeus
Aurelius - “the golden one;” one of my favorite philosophers
Constantine - “steadfast;” love the pansexual sorcerer; don’t love the emperor who played such a huge part in the spread of Christianity
Cornelius - “horn;” love the alchemy connection and the Shakespearean cred
Damon - “to tame”
Dragomir - “to whom peace is precious;” love the juxtaposition of the draconic sound and the gentle meaning
Inigo - “fiery”
Leonidas - “lion;” a famous Spartan warrior
Leopold - “brave people”
Lothaire - “warrior of the people”
Lysander - “liberator;” character in my favorite play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Mordecai - “follower of Marduk (the patron god of Babylon);” not particularly meaningful but I loooove the sound and vibe
Nicanor - “victory”
Numair - “panther;” a mage from several series by Tamora Pierce, one of my favorite authors
Oleander - “rose bay;” a poisonous flower
Orpheus - “the darkness of the night;” a legendary musician, poet, and prophet who tried to rescue his love from the underworld
Samael - “poison of God;” in some versions of the story, he is a fallen angel, in others an archangel, and in others, the angel of death
Skandar - “defender of man”
Valentine - “strength and health”

If you have a name you want to suggest that isn’t in the namebank, I’m open to that; just please include a meaning or description of why you think it’s the perfect fit for a Gothic Immortal.

Thank you, sweet Berries! I am always so appreciative of your help and feedback. :purple_heart:

I don’t think I could add any! Other than a name I really want to add is Lestat but that’s probably too much lol.

If I had to do my favourite combo from your list, taking into consideration the names you wish to use.

[name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] [name_m]Mordecai[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Samael[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Abraxas[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Damon[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

1 Like

Balthasar Wolf Alaric

1 Like

@anon25197097 - Thank you for your feedback! I actually have Lestat on the full list for that aesthetic! It just didn’t make it to my shortlist, because I always liked [name_m]Louis[/name_m] better than The Brat [name_u]Prince[/name_u], haha. But I definitely don’t think it’s too much. I almost had [name_m]Faust[/name_m] on the shortlist before I remembered that my very [name_u]Christian[/name_u] father was in Mephistopheles in college and would actually understand that reference. :sweat_smile:
I think [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] is lovely!

@Greyblue - Ooh, [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Samael[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] gives me all the happy tingles!

@EagleEyes - These are all great! [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] has great flow. [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_m]Damon[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] is very dashing. [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] feels very moody and moonlit. And I’m just loving [name_m]Abraxas[/name_m] right now!

@wintergarden - I’m really torn, because this one might be my favorite yet - I’m really taken with the rhythm and flow of [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] into [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] and [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] into [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]. The only problem is my surname… I don’t know if [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] works as well right next to KAY-lahr. I feel like it almost sounds like “alaricalar.” What do you think?

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] choice would be

[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

I don’t feel like this would be the most loved or expected choice. But you cannot beat the badass of this combo! I actually love the flow of [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] and [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] together, even though they end the same. The different syllable counts make for a great rhythm with a hint of repeated sound that I enjoy. The connotation, and even the look of [name_u]Oleander[/name_u], fit the mood perfectly. The combination feels the perfect mix of unexpected and impeccably balanced. I’m getting a very dark, sleek, untamed but irresistible vibe.

2 Likes

I personally think it’s ok. Your child will most likely not be called by his middle name anyway! But if it really bothers you, you can change it or move the positions around so it doesn’t seem like they merge into one another.

1 Like

@wintergarden - Thanks. I know I’m a little persnickety about the details sometimes. :sweat_smile:

@columbiacharm - Oh my gods. I love EVERYTHING about this and everything you said. :scream: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: I kept feeling like something was missing in all my [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] combos, and now I think it was this darkly lush nature vibe! This combo feels powerful and soft, moody and wild, gentle and dangerous all at once. I’m in love!

2 Likes

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

1 Like

I love this! Perfect description. I really appreciate your way with words. Best of luck with whatever you decide on.

1 Like