Help! To stick with the J names or not...

I have two sons, [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and I love their names. We are due in [name_f]April[/name_f] and although we are waiting to find out the gender we are stuck on boy names. Should we stick with the “j” names or not? The problem is that I don’t “love” any other “j” names :(. We have tossed around the following in this order:
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] (I love this name but not the bad luck connotation)
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]

Other names I like but I don’t know if they are too out there or fit are
Aero
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] (a friend just used this one though 🤦”*♀”)
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]

Ideas? Our last starts with Sh and is long

If you’re not sure about [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], what about [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]? [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_m]Jason[/name_m] or [name_m]Jarrod[/name_m] also.
Anyway, I don’t find “weird” to use a different initial. [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] or [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] are my favorites.

Other ideas…
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Jenson[/name_m]
[name_m]Jennings[/name_m]
[name_m]Jared[/name_m]
[name_m]Justin[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

My favorites for you are [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], and [name_m]Judah[/name_m]

Use a name you love! Whether or not it’s a J name.

From your list, I like [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] best. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is wonderful too, it would be my favourite if someone in your life hadn’t already used it.

Here are a few ideas for you…
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u] or [name_m]Greyson[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

Good luck!!

Go with a name you love. My first 2 have L names. Not to stick with a theme but because our favorite boy name and favorite girl name started with L. We broke the trend with #3. No regrets. Super happy we did it. I’m glad to not have all kids with the same letter as I find it a bit corny. And mostly, I’m glad that my 2nd son has a name I love as much as his siblings, not a name I thought matched well with his siblings.
I like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] best from your list. Good luck.

I love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and don’t particularly think “bad luck” when I hear it. I think the meaning, dove, is really lovely!

That being said, you shouldn’t feel like you have to pick another J name. You weren’t intending a theme with your other boys, you just loved their names. There is no need to pigeon hole yourself.

I think [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] fits right in with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]! I think that would be my top pick, followed by [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].

[name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and …

[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Huxley[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Jedd[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_m]Kaleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Lex[/name_u]
[name_m]Lloyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

X

I think as there are only two, breaking the J would be totally fine – it’s when it’s three or more it becomes a solid trend for me and if you don’t truly love and J- names, definitely go for something that you love.

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] & [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] work best stylistically with your boy’s names in my opinion, and my favourite of those for you to complete the trio would be [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. I actually like [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] best from your list, but with a Sh- beginning surname too, that might be a bit too repetitive. Of your J- list, I think [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Julian[/name_m] would work well.

I think that it is fine to go with another initial. (My parents did with their third and final child. We are all girls.)

Please consider [name_m]Joah[/name_m] if you decide to use a J name. It is biblical, too, and means “brother of God.” I know a handsome nice young man by yhis name. He has a very pleasant and outgoing personality.

[name_m]Joah[/name_m] has the feel of the well named [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and starts with a J, but it is not super popular. I think most people are pretty unfamiliar with it.