Help us chose our boy name!

Hi all,

So I think we’re between two names at this point for our team green baby due in [name_u]January[/name_u].

One thing I’m still torn with is the spelling of [name_m]Boden[/name_m]/Beauden. We love the nickname Beaudy/Bodie, and don’t want to use [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] spelling. I prefer [name_u]Beau[/name_u] over [name_u]Bo[/name_u], which is why I’m leaning more towards [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] but I know I’ve seen some people comment that the spelling is too much.

Would love to hear your pros/cons on both names! Thank you :slight_smile:

Which name do you prefer?
  • Beauden [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
  • Archer [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]

0 voters

Boden [name_u]Michael[/name_u] would be amazing! I love [name_u]Archer[/name_u], but I don’t love the sound of [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], perhaps?

I also prefer [name_u]Beau[/name_u] over [name_u]Bo[/name_u] for a nn. But I prefer [name_m]Bodie[/name_m] over Beaudy. I’m not sure why. [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] is very handsome!

Edwin is an honor name, which is why we’d use it. Otherwise I’m open to other suggestions that go with [name_u]Archer[/name_u] as [name_u]Michael[/name_u] doesn’t really go!

Same! I love [name_u]Beau[/name_u] so much more than [name_u]Bo[/name_u], but Beaudy/Beaudie etc I’m torn with how to spell. I’ve been toying with [name_m]Boden[/name_m] and doing [name_m]Bode[/name_m] but I’m concerned not everyone would get the “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-dee” pronunciation.

I voted for [name_u]Archer[/name_u]. :heartpulse:

Beaudoin
Bowdoin

My youngest brother is [name_m]Boden[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m], so that spelling is much more intuitive to me. We never really write down [name_u]Bo[/name_u]/Beau- it’s more of a spoken nickname.

I like the name [name_u]Beau[/name_u], but to me, [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] is really not intuitive, and doesn’t look natural to me.

That’s why I voted [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] - it’s clear and strong.

I really like [name_u]Archer[/name_u], cool and with a smart, modern vibe. I love [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and and [name_m]Arch[/name_m] as nicknames, and it works well with [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. I also like it with [name_u]Michael[/name_u] - not sure what the problem is with that combo?

I’m not keen on [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] - just sounds over the top and put together to me. And boy ‘den’ ending names ([name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_m]Caden[/name_m] etc) have a bit of a bad reputation - maybe that’s not universal? I’m in Australia and it wouldn’t go down well here, but maybe US name culture is different in this respect. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] on its own is much neater and more appealing. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] works well as a combo.

I really like [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. I think it goes together quite handsomely and I love that [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] is an honor name! This gets my vote!

I personally think [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] is more handsome and complete looking than [name_m]Boden[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Beau[/name_u] also more than [name_u]Bo[/name_u]. [name_m]Bodie[/name_m] does look better than Beaudy oddly enough but for a nickname I dont think it matters thst much. You can use either spelling or it doesn’t even matter - you probably won’t be putting the nickname in writing that often. Or he can choose how he wants to spell it. I find [name_u]Michael[/name_u] rather dull - not sure if that’s an honor name as well. You could also use [name_m]Edward[/name_m] maybe? [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] sounds really nice.

Yes [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is my husband! [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] was my fathers name so either middle will be after someone.

I love [name_u]Beau[/name_u] and [name_m]Boden[/name_m] but can’t get on board with [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] :woman_shrugging:t3: Not sure why- It just looks off.

So I vote [name_m]Boden[/name_m]

1 Like

I personally like [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] but [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] seems best for you. I’m neutral on the [name_m]Boden[/name_m]/Beauden spelling

Prefer [name_m]Boden[/name_m] spelling

I love [name_m]Boden[/name_m] over [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] as the name just becomes complicated for me, I think if you can’t commit 100% to just [name_u]Beau[/name_u] make it a mn? To me it’s as unnecessary as -leigh names (ex; [name_f]Hayleigh[/name_f]), however that aside I love [name_m]Boden[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] as a set that flows much better than [name_u]Archer[/name_u] Edmwin (I second [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] I think it’s close enough that it can still honor it!)

@MamaMignon Have you tried [name_m]Bodi[/name_m] (I think it work given the name [name_f]Bindi[/name_f] exist :joy:)

I much prefer [name_u]Archer[/name_u]. Isn’t [name_m]Boden[/name_m] the name of a coffee plunger thing brand. I’m also getting [name_u]Beau[/name_u] Biden (a son of the U.S. presidential candidate) coming to mind.

Beauden [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is so handsome

I prefer the [name_m]Boden[/name_m] spelling. I think you could still use [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as a nickname, and also [name_m]Bodie[/name_m] (which is my favorite spelling for this name).
[name_m]Just[/name_m] in terms of knowing all the associations, [name_m]Boden[/name_m] is the name of a British clothing company. I don’t think this is too strong or negative an association, just putting it out there.

I like the [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] combination myself!

If you’re not sold on [name_m]Beauden[/name_m]/Boden, there’s always [name_m]Bowen[/name_m]- you could still use the nickname [name_u]Beau[/name_u]. :blush:

Archer [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] is amazing! I love cool, energetic [name_u]Archer[/name_u] paired with calm, traditional [name_m]Edwin[/name_m].

I don’t think [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] is too much, though. And [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is a lovely nickname.