Help us decide between these three names..

Which name do you like better: [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u], or [name_m]Miles[/name_m]? The middle name will most likely be [name_m]William[/name_m] but I care more about the first name than whether it sounds good together.

Thank you for your thoughts.

[name_u]Max[/name_u] just keeps cropping up everywhere, from Central Europe to Australia- I’ve met countless Maxes in my life, this is one of the few names I would never use due to popularity.
I find [name_u]James[/name_u] very handsome, but this is also one that has been popular for ages and ages. Same with [name_m]William[/name_m], so [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] would just be a bit too drab for my liking
[name_m]Hence[/name_m], my choice would fall on [name_m]Miles[/name_m], a solid, lovely name that I’m sure you’ll get lots of compliments for!

[name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] is fantastic!! I also like [name_m]Miles[/name_m] :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]!

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] is my favourite. The others have kind of lost their charm through overuse

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] is my favorite, slightly prefer [name_m]Milo[/name_m], adore both. [name_u]Max[/name_u] would be my second choice.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] although [name_u]Max[/name_u]. [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] are very popular. Maybe [name_m]Milo[/name_m]?

[name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] is such a handsome name! As for popularity, I think it depends on where you are. I’ve definitely known more boys named [name_m]Miles[/name_m] than [name_u]Max[/name_u]. That said, the fact that a name you like is so great that other people like & use it too isn’t really a bad thing to me. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Max[/name_u] is my favourite and [name_u]James[/name_u] is also very handsome.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_u]Max[/name_u]-I love this name. I like it as a nn, but also think that it stands on its own just fine. It’s smart, manly, a teeny bit quirky, simple & grows up well. The only downside is that it’s a bit popular, but it’s not trendy. It’s more on the classic side.

[name_u]James[/name_u]-This is a nice name. It’s a solid classic. [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds like a nice smart guy, w/a little bit of ruggedness. The only downside here is that it has a lot of nns. That could be a good thing if you like all of the nns. But, for example, I personally don’t care for [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] or [name_m]Jim[/name_m]/[name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] (but love [name_u]Jem[/name_u], go figure), so would be a little afraid to use this in case people call him that.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m]-This is okay. I don’t dislike it; it just doesn’t have the same charm as [name_u]Max[/name_u]. I meet a lot of new babies named this too.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I would go with [name_u]James[/name_u]. It’s quite handsome and distinctive. For me, [name_u]Max[/name_u] if overdone and [name_u]Miles[/name_u] reminds me of that annoying [name_m]Milo[/name_m] dude.

I love [name_u]Miles[/name_u]! [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] sounds great!

[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u] are both good names too, but overused.

I really love [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] out of the three options. I like the [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u], but [name_u]Miles[/name_u] stands out to me.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] with as popular as it is, I love [name_u]Max[/name_u]! [name_u]Max[/name_u] would definitely be my choice. [name_u]Miles[/name_u] is nice too. [name_u]James[/name_u] is popular to the point of being overdone, in my personal opinion.

I really like all three of your choices! However, my favorite is definitely [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. I love that it bridges traditional with modern, feels familiar but not trendy or overused, and flows beautifully with [name_m]William[/name_m]!