Help us find a name, please!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

Me and my husband need some serious help! We are expecting our first baby, a girl, in February and we have a really, really hard time finding and agreeing on a name for her.

I can tell that my husband is getting a little stressed (and frankly, so am I), since he already does have a couple of fav’s, but I am basicially not feeling them 100%.I keep browsing namesites and name-lists like crazy, but so far nothing really struck me as “the” name. I feels like we like somewhat different styles.

To help you help me:
Our last name starts with an H and is a one syllabus name.
Need the name to work internationally, since we live in the USA, but have family in both [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] and [name_m]Israel[/name_m]. I would love for the name to be either scandinavian or hebrew.
I prefer a name that has some menaing to it.
If we ever have a son (in the future), his name would be [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m].

Below are a couple of names we have on our list:

[name_f]Orly[/name_f]: my favorite right now. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the mening (my light) My husband says no.
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]: One of my husbands favorites, not one of mine
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]: One of husbands favorites. I am unsure about how it would work in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] though.
[name_f]Enya[/name_f]: [name_m]Both[/name_m] of us like it, but being irish it feels to me like it has nothing to do with our heritage.
[name_f]Liora[/name_f]: Kind of the same meaning as [name_f]Orly[/name_f]. Have not shared with hsuband yet.

Please let me know of any ideas of names you get to add to our list of names. Also appeciate your thought on the names we already listed.

I know most of the names I listed above are short. The final name does not neccesarily have to be short. A longer name would probably go better with our last name, but… I guess I rather jsut find the right first name at this point. A middle name will probably add some flow to the full name eventually (I am not as concered about the middle name even thoguh we do not have one picked out yet).

thank you for your input!

From your list, I like [name_f]Liora[/name_f] and [name_f]Enya[/name_f] best. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Liora[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. [name_f]Liora[/name_f] seems like a good option, due to its (slight) similarity to [name_f]Lana[/name_f].

Other ideas:
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_u]Lior[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Tali[/name_u]
[name_u]Yael[/name_u]
[name_f]Sabra[/name_f]

Swedish names:
[name_f]Bibi[/name_f] (alive)
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] (dweller in the valley)
[name_f]Edla[/name_f] ([name_m]Noble[/name_m])
[i][name_f]Linnea[/name_f] /i [name_f]Love[/name_f] this one!
[name_u]Marlin[/name_u] (of [name_f]Magdala[/name_f])
[name_f]Marit[/name_f] ([name_f]Pearl[/name_f])
[name_f]Marna[/name_f] (From the god [name_m]Mars[/name_m]; of the sea)
Merit ([name_m]Worth[/name_m])
[name_f]Naima[/name_f] (Tranquil)

Hebrew names:
[name_f]Alma[/name_f] (Maiden)
[name_f]Arella[/name_f] ([name_u]Angel[/name_u])
[name_f]Carmela[/name_f] (vinyard)
[name_f]Chaya[/name_f] (Life)
[name_f]Deena[/name_f]/[name_f]Dinah[/name_f] (Judgement)
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] (Favoured by God)
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] ([name_u]Dove[/name_u])
[name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Neria[/name_f] ([name_m]Light[/name_m] of God)
[name_f]Nava[/name_f] (Beautiful)
[name_f]Ofira[/name_f] (gold)
[name_f]Rina[/name_f] (joy)

Names meaning light:
[name_f]Cindy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eline[/name_f]
Elior
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
Helina
[name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_u]Lanie[/name_u]/ [name_u]Laney[/name_u]
[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]/leonora
[name_f]Lucette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
Marici
[name_f]Milana[/name_f]
[name_f]Nera[/name_f]
[name_f]Neriya[/name_f]
[name_f]Noor[/name_f]
[name_f]Oralee[/name_f]
[name_m]Orel[/name_m]
[name_f]Oria[/name_f]/[name_f]Orya[/name_f]
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]

[name_u]Zia[/name_u]
X

What about [name_f]Oriana[/name_f] or [name_f]Aura[/name_f]? Other ideas: [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], [name_f]Clio[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], or [name_f]Kenna[/name_f]?

[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]

[name_u]Robin[/name_u]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_u]Shannon[/name_u] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] has been a long time favorite combo-for years, and it is Irish I think-[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],

Some great input! Thanks everyone.

From your suggestions so far, I like:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]: my youngest sister had a friend when she was little named [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]. Always thoguht the name was beautiful.
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]: a really nice verison of [name_f]Liora[/name_f].
Aureli: reminds me about aurora, which I also think is very beautiful
[name_u]Yael[/name_u]: I actually have this name on my list, rembember it now. Like the sound of it. My husband is not sold on it though. He thinks it fits a male too and he is not into androgyn names at all (he grew up with that himslef and does not want that for his daughter).
[name_f]Chaya[/name_f]: I like it, but have doubts about names stharting with those “ch-sounds”. My Swedish family would have real trouble with pronouncing it.
Elior: Could be a contender.
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]: I like that too. It’s cute.
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]: I can possibly see my husband liking this name.
[name_f]Orina[/name_f]: Never heard before. Something captures my interest.
[name_f]Kenna[/name_f]: [name_m]New[/name_m] to me, never heard it before, I like it!
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]: it’s pretty too!

There are some more names you metnioned that I really like as well, like [name_f]Edla[/name_f], [name_f]Marit[/name_f], [name_u]Tali[/name_u], [name_f]Ofira[/name_f] and [name_f]Clio[/name_f], but unfortunatley they are already “taken” or to similar to names of friends/family/relatives.

Keep the names coming! I am feeling more positive about this name-search now than I have done in a long time! Thank you!