Help us name the 4th!!

We are less than 2 months away from the arrival of our 4th, a girl, and we only have 1 name we can agree on, but first,

Here’s our other kids names:

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] (yes, I know so popular - but can I say in our defense she’s 8)
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Thornton[/name]

So far we both like [name]Lillian[/name]. It was my husband’s grandmother’s name. BUT it is so popular…although I’m not sure what’s holding us back since our other kids have fairly trendy names. Here’s my other question. All our other kids have a family member’s name for their middle name… If we name this baby [name]Lillian[/name] do we have to continue that trend since her first name would be a family name? Oh…and our last name. Very difficult - one syllabul and everyone asks us how to pronounce it and spell it.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps…Now please, please HELP US!!

It’s a beautiful name and flows well with your other children! If you use it you can use a non family name as a middle.

It is funny how similar our situation is!!! I am due with my fifth and all of my kids have family names as middle names as well!! My kids are [name]Kate[/name], [name]Connor[/name] , [name]Erin[/name], and [name]Molly[/name]. And I want to name this little one after MY grandmother whose name was [name]LILLIAN[/name]!! We are debating between [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]…and if we go with Lilllian as a first name we won’t do another family name as her middle.
That being said…[name]Lillian[/name] works great with your other kids names and it is beautiful. Because [name]Lillian[/name] is my grandmother’s name I can never view it as “trendy”. To me it is classic and elegant.

Thanks for the help. We are now leaning towards [name]Lillian[/name]. Now onto the middle name. [name]Do[/name] you think it needs to be one syllabul? I kind of think it sounds better. Here’s a list of some…

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Greer[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grey[/name]

or my mom’s name is [name]Mary[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Mary[/name] flows well or do you have other ideas? Thank you, thank you!!

If you love [name]Lillian[/name], definitely use it. Despite its popularity, it’s a little bit hard to view [name]Lillian[/name] as truly “trendy.” My boyfriend’s grandmother is also [name]Lillian[/name] though she goes by [name]Lynn[/name]. It’s a classic and I like it better than simply [name]Lily[/name]. From your list of middle names I like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Greer[/name]. [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grey[/name] would be my second choice. I don’t like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] because they rhyme, and unfortunately I just really don’t like the sound of [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Mary[/name] because the rhythm is off to me.

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Mary[/name] is gorgeous!

From your list I like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grey[/name] the best. Another route might be to use another form of [name]Mary[/name]. I know it’s somewhat popular as a middle name right now, but [name]Lillian[/name] [name]May[/name] flows well, I think. Good luck! :slight_smile: