Help us narrow down our list?

Nice list. Adley is gorgeous and I think you need something equally special for sibling which means I think you should cross off [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] as it’s getting way way too popular now looking at the graphs sadly and it’s a risk giving name to a boy with lots of baby girls with this name. I just know so many Romans too. And I gather non binary /inter sex people are using it in adulthood (google Ben Thompson who changed his name to Rowan in adulthood as an example). I don’t like nickname Row.

Maybe you would like [name_u]Hayden[/name_u]?

@Mummatobe2021 Thanks for the feedback. I am aware of the rising popularity of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and how the charts work. We are taking that into account, but we still really like the name. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t help that, unfortunately. We are in the same situation with [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name, hate the popularity. We like them enough to hesitate striking them from the list despite the popularity.

@ashthedreamer I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], as well. I hate that it’s rising in popularity so much, but I still love it. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t help it. haha

@sarahjane1 We did consider [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m], actually, but our last name is only 2 syllables, so having a one syllable first and middle makes the name sound kind of choppy to my ear, unfortunately.

@MissHenty The rising popularity is disappointing, but we still love the name even if it isn’t as uncommon as [name_u]Adley[/name_u]. We are still taking the popularity into account, though. And we would not be using a nickname with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], though some people might try, as I am not a huge fan of nicknames in general except in the case of nicknames as first names like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].

@skylerros We don’t, unfortunately, but I appreciate the suggestion. =] Despite what my list might suggest, I don’t care for a lot of the -en names. The ones on the list are some of the only ones I actually like.

1 Like

First, I love your style. It feels so warm and outdoorsy. As for narrowing, I would cut the names you’re not crazy about because you have so many stellar picks already. So buh-bye to [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u].

Bowen [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] - This is a nice name, but you talk about it like it’s a compromise, so I don’t think it’s “the one” for you.
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_u]Leland[/name_u] - This one sticks out to me as different in style to your others. I think I’m missing those Rs and Js. Plus, if you’re not set on [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], I’d skip it.
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] - [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is my favorite name, so I understand both the appeal and the concern about popularity. I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] seems like maybe it would be better in the middle slot for you.
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] - I love this combination, definitely one of my favorites. [name_u]Adley[/name_u] and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] are a great set, too.
[name_m]Truett[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] - I like this one, though not quite as much as some of your others. It is a good match with [name_u]Adley[/name_u] but I think it takes the set in a slighty different, more contemporary direction than your other options.
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] OR [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] - I don’t love the double n ending of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m], so I would choose [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] of these options or go with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m].
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this, love [name_u]Rory[/name_u], but do miss [name_m]John[/name_m].

Since popularity is a concern for you, I would ditch [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], even though I love them both. I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Bram[/name_m] or [name_m]Knox[/name_m]. [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m], [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] are worth a second look, I think. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] is particularly handsome.

1 Like

I agree [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a really lovely name and at least with popularity of a name like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] it’s a classic name and has been in and out of the top 100 throughout history. It has a timeless classic feel.
Names like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] have never been in the top 100 in history until now so are booming and then more likely to disappear suddenly and sound quite dated / be very 2020 sounding names.
Your first child’s name is lovely by the way , hope you manage to find a name you love as much
If you don’t like the possible nickname Row, which feels pretty inevitable to me, I personally wouldn’t use this name but just my opinion

1 Like

Thank you. =] I do love that [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is quite timeless, so despite it’s popularity, it won’t disappear or feel dated. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] may end up being the one if we need a boy name for that reason. [name_u]Or[/name_u] we may end up using [name_m]John[/name_m] as a first name and calling him [name_m]Jack[/name_m], which is a common nickname anyway. Who knows? haha We’ll figure it out eventually.

Hmmm great combos! I will say not sure if [name_u]Adley[/name_u] has a double middle but if not I’d probabaly drop the double middles for this LO IMHO.

My favorite combo of all is: [name_m]Truett[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]. It seems to stylistically mesh with [name_u]Adley[/name_u] and has the added TJ benefit if [name_u]True[/name_u] doesn’t work out!

Have you considered [name_m]John[/name_m] as a first? Where you’ve considered [name_m]Jack[/name_m] I thought I’d throw a [name_m]John[/name_m] out there. I know it is “popular” but I wonder how much of that is because it’s chosen for a middle. I could see one running into an [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] more these days then anJohn. Also [name_m]Jack[/name_m] could be a possible middle option.

Another possible combo(s): [name_u]Everett[/name_u]/ [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u].

Jack [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is also awesome!

I’d stay with your top contenders and nix the other options. They’re nice but these seems like winners to stick with!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! [name_u]Adley[/name_u] does not have a double middle. I don’t mind one child having one and one not, though. Her middle is, in a way, a family name, so it’s special in and of itself. And yes, we have considered [name_m]John[/name_m] as a first, but don’t particularly love it as a first name. If we did use [name_m]John[/name_m] as a first name, we’d potentially just call him [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a diminutive of [name_m]John[/name_m] anyway. We were actually just discussing that the other day. haha