help us solidify our boys name...

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] again! [name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to settle on a boys’ name in case baby no. 2 ends up being a boy! (And we have a hunch…) I have posted on here before with some of our favorite boys’ names, most of which were Biblical. The consensus (thank you for your input) was that of our possibilities, [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] would sound the best with our daughter’s name, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Iria[/name_f]. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]'s a little more popular and a little more Twilight-y than I’d prefer, but DH and I still love it.

Anyway, on to the part where I need your help…middle names!
The two that we’d originally chosen go really well with our second favorite boys name, [name_m]Japhy[/name_m]. The mn’s are [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Anselm[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Japhy[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Anselm[/name_m] sounds great, but is [name_m]Japhy[/name_m] too short or un-vintage-y to go well with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]?

And if we go with [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], we want to include [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] or [name_m]Ivor[/name_m] as a mn to honor DH’s dad (or granddad, respectively). [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] just doesn’t sound right, does it? So I thought I’d try and stick the other middle name in between them. Possibilities/names we like to give you an idea: [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Aston[/name_m], [name_m]Anselm[/name_m], [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

Thank you! :smiley:

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

all sound great, most anything that doesn’t have an R or J in it.

Have you ever thought about using [name_m]Japhy[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]? I think [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is a nicer formal name on paper but if you really love [name_m]Japhy[/name_m] then I think it would work as a nickname.

I’d thought of [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but wasn’t sure it worked, so thanks for that suggestion, glad to know it does sound good. Maybe I’m too critical.

I hadn’t thought of using [name_m]Japhy[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], that is a cool idea.

Thanks! If anyone else has any more thoughts, feel free to share!