Help! We need a girl name that works in Finnish and English

Evelina is such a pretty name but I do also love [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I feel like we even thought about using that name when I was pregnant with [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f]. I do love the name [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] as well (because of the northern lights actually!) but we decided not to use it this time around. Maybe we’ll use it for the next one as it is also a name that’s in the family on my husband’s side.

I like [name_u]Jean[/name_u] Sibelius as well but I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that my husband is way bigger of a fan of his than me even though he’s not Finnish, haha :grin:

Marta [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

With [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f] (which is lovely btw!) I really like [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]. It gives me a similar classic and timeless feel. Since you plan to use [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] as a middle, I don’t know if it’s too much -ia for you, but I was thinking if you went with something like [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (as an example) it would flow quite well imo.

Sofia is a very beautiful name. I can’t wait to announce the names that we picked out! Your example name is super beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thankfully, I’ll get to announce the name soon, I have a feeling it won’t be so long that this baby decides it’s time to join us :grin:

1 Like

I second [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f], and [name_f]Serafina[/name_f]. Gotta love them S’s!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]! Here are a few others i love that I don’t think have been suggested yet:

Aada
[name_f]Alina[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f]
[name_u]Marin[/name_u]
[name_f]Sanne[/name_f]

And i don’t know if it’s your style, but i just love [name_f]Suvi[/name_f]! I think it’s so sweet and stylish. One of those [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] names that makes me wish i were Finnish.

Suvi is a beautiful name, if you didn’t know it means summer in Finnish :smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone. Exhausted mom here to announce that baby girl was born last night (it’s about 4.20 PM in Finland right now)

Should I make a birth announcement?

Thank you to everyone who suggested names for our daughter!

@princesspanda @Luminen @Greyblue @katinka @hyacinthbucket @rosepip @VanillaMoff @olympia.michelle @bjoy @LiliMorgana

8 Likes

Congratulations!!

You can make an announcement in our #birth-announcements forum if you’d like to. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t wait to hear what you’ve chosen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh, please do make one! Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Okay, I think I’ll do it now since the baby is asleep :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m excited to see what you’ve chosen!

1 Like