Help, will Lilac get nicknamed?

I love the name [name]Lilac[/name] for my second daughter but I am worried she will get [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lil[/name]… I dont like those they are too common

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I personally wouldn’t feel the need to nickname a [name]Lilac[/name], as the name is already short and easy to say (and very pretty, in my opinion).

Good luck!

[name]Just[/name] what I was thinking!

But then my husband said “and we could call her [name]Lil[/name] for short”

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Most kids get nicknamed in school, I’d imagine she’d get a mixture of [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Lil[/name], L/[name]Elle[/name]. It’d most likely mainly be [name]Lilac[/name] as it is so short, but her friends will almost definately give her a few pet names. Also, [name]Lilac[/name] is a gorgeous name but she might decide to introduce herself as [name]Lil[/name] etc in the future, as it is so unusual. [name]Just[/name] depends on a lot of factors I guess, I dont think you can ever prevent nicknames.

I like [name]Lil[/name] its cute

Because I know of one [name]Victoria[/name] and several Elizabeths and Katherines who have never been nicknamed, I definitely think it’s possible for [name]Lilac[/name] to remain [name]Lilac[/name].

I grew up with a wonderful [name]Lila[/name], and she was never called anything but [name]Lila[/name], and I can see the same for a [name]Lilac[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Mmmm I was thinking also [name]Lyla[/name] is more a possibility for a nickname than [name]Lila[/name] - which I prefer.

As an aside question, how popular do you think [name]Lilac[/name] will get? I have noticed it is becoming slightly mroe common but not in the top 1000 list yet. [name]Will[/name] it likely explode?

Thanks again for the wisdom

lil is a possiblity but it is really a cute nn.

I can see her getting called [name]Lil[/name] sometimes, but not pronounced like [name]Lil[/name]’ [name]Kim[/name], pronounced like [name]Lyle[/name] which I think is pretty darn cute as a nn for [name]Lilac[/name]. And I can’t imagine [name]Lilac[/name] getting all that popular, especially since it’s still not in the top 1000. I know all the other L heavy names like [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Leila[/name] are getting very popular, but I have a feeling [name]Lilac[/name] is too unusual for most people. I think it’s definitely a fitting-in/standing-out name!

possibley. my name doesnt need a nickname, and wt nn tahst i could have been nn my parenst didnt like. my friends started calling me by the nn but my parenst corrected them and so did it.

lilac is perfect the way it is