Help with a girl's name

So we’ve found out it’s a girl, and are still debating between names. We’ve got it down to three, I think.

[name]Katharina[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Middle names are still up in the air, but right now the front runners are:
[name]Claire[/name] (my middle name)
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] (my dad is [name]Charles[/name])
[name]Margaret[/name] (DH’s grandmother)

We still have time (baby is due in [name]July[/name]) but everyone’s asking nonstop if we have names. We’ve gotten pretty good feedback, at least, on the ones we like… Our last name is one syllable.

Any combinations you like?

Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name]!
I like:
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I don’t much like [name]Katharina[/name] with any of the mn’s you shared.

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]! Great with a one-syllable last name…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Katharina[/name] and [name]Kate[/name] are from the same root, so I wouldn’t use those two together. Have you considered [name]Katrin[/name] / [name]Catrin[/name] as a name? Very pretty.

[name]Hi[/name] again, my name is also one syllable, so I would recommend the [name]Katherina[/name]. It’s nice to have multi-syllabic first names with a short last name. Good luck!

Pretty names! :slight_smile:

My favorite combos:

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (My favorite) :slight_smile:
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (Not on the list, but I couldn’t resist.) :slight_smile:

I love [name]Katharina[/name], too, and I love the longer middles next to your last name. Hmm…I think [name]Katharina[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is pretty, and I don’t know if it’s a possibility, but I also love [name]Katharina[/name] [name]Margot[/name].

I really love your list, Xiabelle!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is my favorite with [name]Katharina[/name] [name]Kate[/name] in second

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] would be a gorgeous name.

Thanks!

Yeah, if we were using [name]Katharina[/name] she’d be called [name]Kate[/name], so as a middle name with [name]Katharina[/name], [name]Kate[/name] is out. We like it with [name]Charlotte[/name] a lot, though… and I really like [name]Margaret[/name] as well, although we were worried it might be quite the mouthful.

Family seems to really like [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] a lot (my dad told me at least three times the other night he wished they’d used [name]Claire[/name] as my first name.) I’m liking [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] a lot, as well, although my husband still leans more towards [name]Claire[/name].

[name]Viola[/name] is the hardest for us to get a middle name with… it seems like it needs something softer-sounding with it. I hadn’t thought of combining the [name]Margaret[/name] with it, but I do like it.

I think we may end up waiting for the SSA list to come out before we finalize the first name, because I am paranoid about [name]Vivian[/name] getting a huge jump in popularity (even though we’d probably use it anyway if we decide on it) since it’s been one of the names we’ve had picked out since before we got married.

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is my favorite and the one that jumped out at me right away. If you want something more offbeat, though, [name]Viola[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is a very pretty alternative. I like [name]Viola[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] as well.

I don’t think [name]Katherina[/name] is nearly as pretty as [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Viola[/name], and it doesn’t seem like you like it as much either, so I would eliminate this one.

I’ve also never been a fan of [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name. I know lots of people love it, but it just seems odd somehow to have what is essentially a nickname in the mn slot since a middle name is never short for anything. [name]Viola[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] was also a great suggestion.