Help with a Middle Name for Pearl...

I love the name [name]Pearl[/name]. Although it is on the rise it is still uncommon, especially in our area. Yet, it is still it is recognizable and easy to spell. It is elegant and feminine, but not too sweet or frilly. I also love that the sound and feel of it on the lips is round and luminous like the object itself! I think it is a strong contender for our first babe expected in [name]April[/name] (not sure the sex though!).

I am having a hard time pairing it with a middle name. For us the middle name needs to have a family connection. The following are family names - do you think any of them work well as a middle name for [name]Pearl[/name] (last name [name]Jordan[/name])??

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Diane[/name] (not [name]Diana[/name])
[name]Andrea[/name]
Austia (pronounced like the country [name]Austria[/name] but without the “R”)
[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Beth[/name] (i worry that it sounds too much like a filler mn)
[name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Palmer[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Ina[/name]
[name]May[/name] (great grandma goes by [name]Ina[/name] [name]May[/name])

Thanks berries, y’all are the best!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], but as you say it might be a filler mn. Maybe you could change it to [name]Eliza[/name], then it still has that family connection, but it’s much less of a filler.

Thanks aphroditeiris!
I much prefer [name]Eliza[/name], but the [name]Elizabeth[/name] connection is actually with [name]Beth[/name] (dh’s mother’s name was straight up [name]Beth[/name]). But clearly [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Beth[/name] is a no go when it comes to flow!

I wonder if the lack of response is because none of our family names work well as middle names for [name]Pearl[/name]… :shock:

These are my frontrunners. What do you think?

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Palmer[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (initials PPJ give me pause though)
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (can’t decide if this flows)
[name]Pearl[/name] Austia [name]Jordan[/name] (Austia is unusual but it is my mn, my mother’s mn, and my grandma’s fn)
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (everybody seems to hate [name]Winifred[/name] but it is growing on me!)

Pear [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jessica[/name] are also pretty…

We would consider two middle names if it allowed us to stylishly work in one of the family names.

I think of all your choices, I like [name]Pearl[/name] Austia the best ([name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a close second). I like how it continues the tradition of using that uncommon name. I also think that a mn starting with a vowel is a good choice with [name]Pearl[/name]. That -rl sound at the end with another hard consonant after it seems choppy to me…I think a nice soft vowel sound leading into the mn works much better.

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Adele[/name]/[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Anne[/name]/Annabeth (getting that [name]Beth[/name] in there!)
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]

Also, I like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ina[/name] ___ (insert other family name beginning with consonant). [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ina[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ina[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ina[/name] [name]May[/name]…those have a lovely flow. If you’re open to two middle names, I think I like that almost as much as [name]Pearl[/name] Austia!

My favourite would be [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]

Other comments:

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Palmer[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] – I like the sound of this, but, like you, I think the initials are a big drawback. What about [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ina[/name] [name]Palmer[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (which would also provide the nn option [name]Pip[/name])?

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] – I don’t like the flow, though I like both names independently. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] sounds much better.

[name]Pearl[/name] Austia [name]Jordan[/name] – I like this one and it seems to have a really big family connection for you, but I think a second middle would help the flow somehow ([name]Pearl[/name] Austia [name]May[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]?)

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] – This is my favourite of your 4 frontrunners in terms of flow. This is a name that really seems to polarize people, though.

I love [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jessica[/name]!
I also love [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], which I don’t think is a filler mn at all! :smiley:

My choices:

1. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
  2. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jessica[/name]
  3. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

Another vote for [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name]! I like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], too.

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Diane[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] sounds great!
Also I like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Jordan[/name].
Good luck naming!!! (:

I love:
[name]Pearl[/name] Austia [name]Jordan[/name] - Such a great name! [name]Pearl[/name] is classic but Austia gives it a bit of kerpow!
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] - because I would love anyone to use such a great name like [name]Winifred[/name]!

Some new ideas:
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] - I know that it isn’t a family name, but it is close to [name]Daphne[/name] and so sweet!
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Bethan[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] - A new take on [name]Beth[/name] if you are interested. It also includes a part of [name]Andrea[/name].

I love [name]Pearl[/name]! It’s so lovely and I just love pearls as well. I think a lot of the names you suggested could go easily with [name]Pearl[/name].

These are my favorites: (The ones bolded are ones I really like)

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (Very classy)
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Andrea[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (Kind of a tongue-twister with the last name [name]Jordan[/name] though.)
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ina[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] (Kind of long, but I like it!)
[name]Pearl[/name] Austia [name]Jordan[/name]

HTH!

You nameberries are the best!!! Thanks so much for all the feedback and for the fresh ideas - keep them coming!

I’m surprised there have been warm responses for [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] Austia. I was sure these pairings would be given short shrift. In terms of flow, I think they are my faves.

I wish I could come up with a way of making [name]Diane[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name] flow as beautifully as they are sentimental favourites. In fact, what about [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Diane[/name]? Too much?

I agree with the ‘classy kerpow’ assessment of [name]Pearl[/name] Austia [name]Jordan[/name] - I think that’s the most interesting and flowing of the choices.

[name]Pearl[/name] Austia is perfect. Sounds so beautiful.

I like [name]Pearl[/name] Austia, [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] best. :slight_smile:

[name]Pearl[/name] is a hard name to match, because it is so consonant heavy. I’m considering [name]Pearl[/name] as well, and the middle names that I think suit [name]Pearl[/name] best are all very vowel-sound-oriented. Some of my picks are:

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Oceane[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

So with that in mind, for your names, I like [name]Pearl[/name] Austia and [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ida[/name] best!