Help with Aria dilemma !!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! Please help I am running out of time! At 18 weeks we found out to our shock that we were pregnant with Acardiac twins. We had no idea because we had been told previousely that the twin had vanished. We have been fighting to save our baby girl including weekly appointments that take 2 hours of driving each way. We named them right away as we were told if we opted not to abort she might not make it and I did not want to wait for a stillbirth to choose the names. [name]Baby[/name] “A” is the pump viable twin and baby "B " is the trap twin meaning she lacks a head and heart and survives
Off baby A. We decided to name them starting with A and B to remember they were twins and because all our U/S photos have A or B on them. [name]Aria[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Brielle[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] . I’m almost 30 weeks now and we can have her anytime in the next 6-7 weeks bc I’m measuring 35 weeks already. I received a phone call last week that a distant relative that we would never see had named their baby aria . Now I don’t know what to do, we have all been calling her that for almost 3 mos. So I either need another less popular A name that goes well with [name]May[/name], or should I just stick with it? I had no idea it was climbing up the charts, we choose it bc it is a solo song and she will be alone after birth. Our 2 older girls are [name]Paris[/name] and [name]Kensington[/name] so we definitely don’t want her to be the odd one out named [name]Anne[/name], or [name]Ava[/name] as they are fairly common names! Any advice is welcomed! Sorry so long I’m running out of time and I’m really upset!

I would relegate [name]Aria[/name] to middle position because it is in your case, extremely meaningful. At the same time, I would not want at any time, speculation from your surrounding relatives that you might have “copied” your distant relative’s middle… hence the shift to middle-- you won’t have to disclose this till you see fit or people ask. Since you don’t see this distant relative, I would formally introduce your bub with another chosen name and call her [name]Aria[/name] anyway.

Am I making sense?

Also, [name]Paris[/name] and [name]Kensington[/name] are locale names… would you consider another for [name]Baby[/name] [name]Aria[/name]? Something like Wemberley [name]Aria[/name]… or something more genius than Wemberley. I’m sure everyone here can input on beautiful, less popular locale names from all over the world…

… there are no words for what you are going through. I’m just so sorry to hear about it.

P.S. I wanted to add… that I love Aria and my instinct for moving it to middle is affected by the relative somewhat but upon further thought, is not the main reason I would move it. If you keep Aria as first name, will that always be the first thing she is known for-- being the A twin that lived. I imagine people saying, “Aria is a beautiful name, how did your parents choose it?” and then Aria would have to go into how she actually was twin A…

Yes, it is true-- she will be a solo song but for that to be the main story in her life and hanging over her head forever, I am not so sure. Knowing her backstory, she will have to forge ahead in life always feeling like she could have had a partner… will all this be too much-- being a surviving twin, feeling like half of a whole, having her name remind her of this forever? Please forgive me if I have overstepped. I have absolutely no intention to do so… these were just thoughts that occurred to me.

I would stick with [name]Aria[/name]. If your child and your realitives child wpn’t see each other often, I dont see the problem. I’m deeply sorry to hear of your predicament. God bless.

I am so sorry about [name]Brielle[/name]. Stick with [name]Aria[/name] if you really don’t have that much communication with the relative. You have bonded with the name and its meaning, and she isn’t someone you will see, so I think it’s alright. After the hardship of this pregnancy, I think you deserve a little song in your life (and also to name your baby what you love!). If you do want a few alternatives to consider, what about
[name]Ariel[/name] or [name]Arielle[/name] (prn. Ahr-ree-el to capture a lot of [name]Aria[/name]'s appeal; maybe its matchiness with [name]Brielle[/name] is a sweet tie or too close) or [name]Auden[/name] [name]May[/name] (meaning “old friend” for her sister)? Also [name]Auria[/name] or [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Aviva[/name], [name]Ayelet[/name], [name]Acacia[/name], [name]Azura[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], or [name]Arden[/name]?

I think you should stick with [name]Aria[/name]. Its a beautiful name with a beautifu meaning and if she feels like an [name]Aria[/name] to you then go with it. Other uncommon A names are [name]Amelie[/name], [name]Aurelie[/name]/ [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Avianna[/name], and [name]Anais[/name], but I still think you should stick with [name]Aria[/name]. Im so sorry about her sister [name]Brielle[/name] and I wish you all the best.

[name]Aria[/name] is lovely. As it’s not a close relative, I’d stick with it. If anything, share a little laugh with relatives who know you both, great minds and all that, especially since you’ve been calling her [name]Aria[/name] for some time now.

The suggestion of [name]Auden[/name] “old friend” is also sweetly poetic.
Other A names…[name]Alma[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Asha[/name], [name]Abbott[/name] (works nicely with [name]Paris[/name] and [name]Kensington[/name] imo), [name]Amara[/name] (“everlasting” could allude to the connection with [name]Brielle[/name]), [name]Amie[/name] (another “friend” meaning).

So sorry to hear about [name]Brielle[/name] and wishing you and your family all the strength you need in the coming days.

I’m terribly sorry about [name]Brielle[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. What a tragic event. I’m sure everyone will be praying for your family- I know I will.

Stick with [name]Aria[/name]. It’s a gorgeous name, and if it’s not a close relative then I think it’s okay.

Gosh what a tough situation. Im very sorry for your loss.
[name]Aria[/name] and [name]Brielle[/name] are both names on my faves list! [name]Aria[/name] is a great name but because of the family member using it I would consider using other names! [name]Ariana[/name] is very similar and beautiful and nn could be [name]Ari[/name] or [name]Ana[/name]. [name]Ariana[/name] means ‘very holy one.’ Since we seem to have a similar taste in names I can suggest a few off my faves list as possibilities: [name]Adalie[/name], [name]Aleah[/name], [name]Amara[/name], [name]Amaya[/name], [name]Ariella[/name], Avalie. All the best!

Quite frankly Im shocked that a couple people have told you to not use it because of the relative. Its a distant relative that you never see so how is your daughter and their daughter being named [name]Aria[/name] ever going to be a problem? If you love the name then by all means use it. I highly doubt your relative will give it a thought or care at all.

Its the name of a distant relative that you never see, so by all means use it and dont give it another thought. I think you would be naive/ silly to not use a name because of someone who really isnt even in your life. I know that I would use it if I were in your shoes and I wouldnt give it another thought. And really is it going to negatively affect them if your daughter is named [name]Aria[/name]? No.

Thank you so much for all the sound advise and well wishes! It means a lot. I also have a lot to think about I will let you know eventually what we decided to do! Thank you again !