Help with baby feces?

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousin has relatively recently had a baby, and I’m just wondering if there is any way to make the baby’s poo less runny, as it is always so explosive, any help would be appreciated as it’s not the nicest thing to experience. :joy::joy:

If it’s always very runny, it could be a sign of an allergy. She should ask the pediatrician about it.

1 Like

Newborn poo should be liquid-y but not mucous-y if that makes sense. It firms up more once they start solids (around 4-6 months).

1 Like

I would suggest trying a different diaper brand. Maybe even consider cloth.

1 Like

I don’t know how recently your friend had her baby, but in newborn children “runny” poo is completely normal, especially if the baby is breastfed. If baby has “leaks” when wearing a diaper, the problem is probably with the diaper.

If baby is a little older and your friend is worried about her baby’s poo, then she should ask a pediatrician or her GP about it.

I second trying a different diaper brand. It’s been my experience if your baby’s got a booty huggies fit better, where as a flatter bum baby fits better in pampers.

If the baby is breastfed, they are often runny. I agree changing diaper brands or sizing up diaper size to help with Leaks