- help with mary's new favourites!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] loves! Recently I’ve been feeling a bit disenchanted with my old favourites, but I’ve had three major new crushes to make up for it: [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Leta[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] (I like both Lee-nuh and Lay-nuh). I feel like these names fit my vibe of simple classic girl names, whilst being slightly more unusual than my older loves (Anna, [name_f]Clara[/name_f], Rose). I’d love some help!

1. What do you think of [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Leta[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they fit my style/vibe?
  2. Help me make some combos! You can use middles from my uc, names you think fit my style or just names you like. I prefer two middles but you do you :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :sparkles:

Two middles:
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Simone[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

One middle:
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Clemency[/name_f]

1 Like

Constance → Feels very cohesive with your style. Perfect blend of unexpected yet familiar! Maybe: Constance Thea Lavender, Constance Rebecca Daphne

Leta → Has a slight bit of pronunciation ambiguity (lee-tuh, leh-tuh, and lay-tuh all feel possible), but I like the sound and meaning. Maybe: Leta Penelope Anne, Leta Beatrice Ivy

Lena → Really like this as well and fits with your other favorites. Love how international it is, too! Maybe: Lena Juliet Alice, Lena Bridget Eve

ETA: On reflection, Constance Rebecca Daphne is too du Maurier probably! Resubmitting with Constance Lydia Daphne or Constance Rebecca Sylvie :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Constance[/name_f] is elegant, sharp but sweet, friendly but refined! (plus nn [name_f]Coco[/name_f], [name_f]Connie[/name_f] and Tansy!)

[name_f]Leta[/name_f] is zippy and distinctive, vintage but with flair and starry-ness.

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] is sweet and international - it’s got substance and style. I like the Lay-nuh pn best but both are nice!

I think they fit your vibe - vintage but unexpected!

[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Romy[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Coppelia[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] Biride
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_m]August[/name_m]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Twila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Ruby[/name_f]

1 Like

I love Constance! I think these fit in with your “honest”, paired back but pretty style.

I get these aren’t sibling sets but I naturally want to order them in name length, I would either go along lines of:

Leta Elspeth Faye
Lena Harriet Rose
Lara Constance Pearl

or

Constance Mary Fleur (or Constance Romy Louise)
Violet Anna Beth “Leta” (or Juliet Anna Rose)
Helena Cecily Gwen “Lena”/“Leni”

or a combo (ie keep Leta as a stand-alone but Lena as a nickname for Helena or similar. Leta to me is more a standalone while Lena I know is established as a name in its own right, but seems more nickname-y to me).

1 Like

Hmm…

I think [name_f]Constance[/name_f] definitely works with your style she’s elegant, vintage and unexpected. I can imagine [name_f]Constance[/name_f] being sister of [name_m]William[/name_m] + [name_f]Katharine[/name_f].
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] feels rather different from your list I wouldn’t automatically connect [name_f]Leta[/name_f] with any of your names within the UC. [name_f]Lena[/name_f] I think works well with the likes of [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]

[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Imogene[/name_f] [name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Clemency[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Florentine[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]

1 Like

@saffemi I love [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]!
@VEL love the du Maurier combo, so fun! She’s a great writer haha. I really like [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] & [name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].
@Greyblue I love [name_f]Coco[/name_f] for [name_f]Constance[/name_f], and I never thought of [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]! [name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] are really sweet.
@EloiseT I love your description of my style; [name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous (Harriet is another crush of mine) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@tori101 I definitely see what you mean about [name_f]Leta[/name_f]! So many gorgeous combos, I can’t thank you enough - obsessed with [name_f]Leta[/name_f] [name_f]Clemency[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] & [name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Lena[/name_f], and I sort of like [name_f]Leta[/name_f] and [name_f]Constance[/name_f].

I think that they all fit your style in different ways: based on your UC combos, I think [name_f]Lena[/name_f] would fit perfectly as a first name, [name_f]Constance[/name_f] would fit perfectly as a first middle name, and [name_f]Leta[/name_f] would fit perfectly as a second middle name :smile:

[name_m]Five[/name_m] combos:
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Leta[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Leta[/name_f]

1 Like