Help with mn for Estelle!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

Looking for your advice and comments on my top choices if we have a girl this [name_f]October[/name_f]…

We were so grateful for everyone’s previous help and have definitely decided on the first name [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. For the mn we have narrowed it down to a couple of options:

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - my husband’s favourite and I think the meaning ‘star bright’ is lovely

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - to honour a family member named [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], I really like this but is it too much of a mouthful?

Wdyt?

Our surname is two syllables starting with W, similar to [name_m]Watson[/name_m]. We’re also thinking of using the nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] if that changes anything.

Thank you in advance!

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is lovely. I like [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and the meaning is certainly lovely. I do find [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] a bit of a mouthful but not impossible. You could just use [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f], though I do like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] better.

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is pretty as is [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is beautiful and I love the meaning it gives you!

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!! Very pretty, and I love the idea of [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nn.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

They’re both lovely! [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] has a [name_m]French[/name_m] flair, & that meaning is really really sweet. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a really common mn though, so it’s a little less special. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] isn’t too much of a mouthful. It’s lovely! Bold & feminine. And it means ‘star dawn’, which is also really good.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is a big name, that def a mouthful. Its pretty, but I much prefer [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Has a delicate poetic quality. The meaning is fantastic. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your comments!

I agree [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is lovely but hubby has vetoed.

I think because my son has a family name in the middle spot I feel like I need to do the same for our next child. Perhaps it’s that pressure of naming our next and potentially last child and wanting to get it exactly right.

I don’t mind if the name has a bit of [name_m]French[/name_m] flair because our sons name has the same. Would be a nice link between them.

It’s so reassuring that others like [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], I think I just need to relax and go with the name we love ”

Stay safe and well everyone xx