Help with naming our first girl due in November

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! We’ve got 10 weeks to come up with some good contenders for names for our third child and first girl. [name_f]My[/name_f] sons’ names are [name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u] and [name_m]Eero[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Twilight[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s last name is a 4-syllable Italian name starting with a hard c.

Following the pattern of our boys, we’ll likely choose three names. We already know one of the names –– [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], an honor name for the many women named [name_f]Mary[/name_f] in my husband’s family tree. But I’m not convinced it’s a first name. I’d like to continue with a short, two-syllable first name to contrast with the long last name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top pick is [name_u]Echo[/name_u] for a first name (we live in the desert southwest with lots of canyons), but I want to have some other names to kick around until we meet her! Other names we’ve considered: [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], Aeon, [name_f]Venus[/name_f].

Got any other ideas? We’re into nature/witchy names for sure. And other names I might’ve considered years ago when my eldest was born –– [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] –– feel too common now.

Any help greatly appreciated! Thx!

I think [name_u]Echo[/name_u] works well!-other names that give your vibe are [name_f]Twila[/name_f] and [name_u]Lacy[/name_u]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Venus[/name_f] or [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] is perfect. It balances out the unfamiliar-ness of [name_m]Eero[/name_m] with the very common [name_u]Levi[/name_u].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Twila[/name_f]! And my Levi’s best friend named [name_u]Levi[/name_u] has a little sister named [name_f]Twila[/name_f] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_u]Levi[/name_u] & [name_m]Eero[/name_m] are lovely!

Here are my thoughts for this new little lady-

[name_u]Echo[/name_u] is pretty cool, & it fits in well style wise. Is it too close to [name_m]Eero[/name_m]? That’d be my only concern. I think that [name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u] would be fabulous as two mns.

Would you consider another shorter form of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] as a fn? Maybe [name_f]Maura[/name_f]? [name_f]Maisy[/name_f]? [name_f]Molly[/name_f]? I think that [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is adorable, but [name_f]Maura[/name_f] & [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] feel like better fits for some reason.

A few other fn ideas that you may like-

[name_f]Annis[/name_f]

[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]

Clover*

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

[name_f]Juno[/name_f]

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

Malin*

[name_f]Maple[/name_f]

Saffron*

[name_u]Vida[/name_u]

[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

I starred my favorites. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Twila[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Madigan[/name_u]
[name_f]Bloom[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Vespera[/name_f]
[name_f]Laia[/name_f]
[name_u]Renley[/name_u]
[name_f]Eos[/name_f]
[name_f]Era[/name_f]
[name_u]Madsen[/name_u]
[name_f]Vivianne[/name_f]
[name_u]Ara[/name_u]
Bellum
[name_f]Posie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lune[/name_f]
[name_f]Nefeli[/name_f]
[name_f]Nox[/name_f]
[name_f]Runa[/name_f]
[name_f]Salomé[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Anona[/name_f] / [name_f]Annona[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadka[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellera[/name_u]
[name_u]Alva[/name_u]

1 Like

Levi, Eero, & _______:

Tamsin Juniper Marigold
Aspen Aurora Marigold
Aquinnah Marnie Marigold
Salem Winter Marigold
Lula Jessamy Marigold
Uma Octavia Marigold
Odessa Ivy Marigold
Octavia Daphne Marigold
Veda Romilly Marigold
Raquel Cordelia Marigold
Bellamy Vesper Marigold
Zelda Blythe Marigold
Sylvie Cadence Marigold
Nova Rowan Marigold
Clover Maryn Noelle
Danica Corinne Marigold
Fifer/Piper Jocelyn Marigold

1 Like

[name_u]Echo[/name_u] seems to close to [name_m]Eero[/name_m]. But I do really like [name_f]Venus[/name_f]!
Also love [name_u]Nova[/name_u] but maybe too popular for you?
Maybe [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Sia[/name_f] for short. [name_u]Or[/name_u] just [name_f]Sia[/name_f] but I like the imagery of [name_f]Sienna[/name_f].

1 Like

I think that as much as [name_u]Echo[/name_u] is a very pretty name, she would be teased and it is very easy to make fun of somebody with that name, along with the fact that [name_u]Echo[/name_u] and Earo are a lot alike. If you like the mythology names you could do something like [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f] (or my preferred spelling [name_f]Freja[/name_f] ) [name_f]Athena[/name_f] or [name_f]Clio[/name_f].

If you like the nature names, you could try something like [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Ember[/name_u] or [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] which is on your list (though [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are pretty popular right now)

2 Likes

[name_u]Levi[/name_u], [name_m]Eero[/name_m] and…

[name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Elara[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Iphis [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_u]Tali[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Leora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ebba[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Suvi[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_u]Echo[/name_u] but am concerned it may be too similar to [name_m]Eero[/name_m]? [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] too!

[name_f]Aeryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Viva[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

1 Like

I feel that Echo is too similar to Eero. Both four letters, both two syllables, both starting with E and ending in an O. How about something like Alba Marigold Echo? I think this would be perfect with brothers Levi and Eero, especially because, like them, Alba is four letters, two syllables, and ends in a vowel. I also really like Bloom. Other ideas:

Zelda
Antigone
Juno
Tabitha
Lux
Maple
Araminta
Zola
Clover
Noa
Astrid
Della
Prairie
Lyra
Clementine
Orla
Arden
Indira
Kaia
Meadow
Gia
Story
Iris
Ophelia
Uma
Paloma
Lua
Thea
Saskia
Viola
Arwen
Ilaria
Zella
Sequoia
Ada
Posey
Sunday
Cleo
Avalon
Daria
August
Svea
Fern
Ayla
Chiara
Anouk
Leni
Artemis
Iluka
Cyra
Neoma
Zora
Jedda
Opal
Fable
Primrose
Sage

1 Like

Thank you all so much! As much as I love [name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], I hear your thoughts about [name_m]Eero[/name_m] and [name_u]Echo[/name_u] being too close. Suddenly [name_f]Venus[/name_f] is really growing on me! But I love other suggestions too –– [name_f]Orla[/name_f], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] are some other favorites. Right now my husband is insistent upon the name [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Borealis :speak_no_evil: :alien: :laughing:

I’ll let you know what we decide!

I love [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]! Some more desert imagery for you:

[name_f]Mesa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sedona[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_u]Dusty[/name_u]
[name_f]Hesper[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonora[/name_f]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]

1 Like

I secretly love [name_u]Dusty[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] other guilty pleasures I love considering are [name_f]Saga[/name_f] and [name_f]Ozma[/name_f] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like