Help with the name Scarlett?

[name]Scarlett[/name]

1. What do you think of the name? (for a girl, of course)
  2. Is it in danger of becoming overly popular?
  3. What type of girl do you picture when you hear this name?
  4. Does it sound Mature or youthful?
  5. Would you ever use a different spelling—scarlet or scarlette?

Thanks!

I think it is pretty, and although I would never use it for my own daughter, I think it is lovely on others.
  2. Is it in danger of becoming overly popular?
    It is popular but not overly, and I don’t think it will become it either, but you never know!
  3. What type of girl do you picture when you hear this name?
    Fresh, youthful, fun.
    Definitely both, it seems like it would age well.
  5. Would you ever use a different spelling—scarlet or scarlette?
    Nope, I really only like the spelling [name]Scarlett[/name]. I don’t mind [name]Scarlet[/name] though since that is the colour spelling.
  1. I think [name]Scarlet[/name] is beautiful!
    2.I would say that in the next 5 to ten years it may rise some but i dont ever see it in the top 10
  2. Mostly [name]Scarlet[/name] Johnanson (spelling) but in diffrent forms and ages kwim?
    4.I think its cute for a baby/toddler but deffinatly ages well into a teenager and a young women
  3. I prefer either [name]Scarlet[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Scarlett[/name] seems the best though

Overall i think [name]Scarlett[/name] is a win win name!

Obviously I’m biased :slight_smile: but here’s what I think:

1. I think it’s pretty and distinctive.
  2. I think this really depends on where you live. It gets mentioned on this board quite a lot but I don’t know how many ppl actually use it. I don’t see it reaching top-ten status, but you never know.
  3. I think feminine and confident.
  4. It’s more youthful, but it has enough maturity to carry it well in adulthood. It’s sophisticated.
  5. I don’t mind [name]Scarlet[/name], but prefer the classic spelling [name]Scarlett[/name].
  1. What do you think of the name? It is one of my favorite names of all time and has been for many years, in fact, it’s what I would rename myself. I think it’s gorgeous in every way.
  2. Is it in danger of becoming overly popular? I fear it might be. I see it mentioned a lot and have seen a lot of them online, but none in real life. I could see it rising in popularity along with [name]Violet[/name].
  3. What type of girl do you picture when you hear this name? An awesome girl. Pretty and feminine while spunky and cool. I picture more of an artistic/creative person, but can totally see an athlete, too.
  4. Does it sound Mature or youthful? I think it ages very well.
  5. Would you ever use a different spelling—scarlet or scarlette? Personally I would use [name]Scarlett[/name]. But I think [name]Scarlet[/name] is nice too. [name]Scarlette[/name] just doesn’t look right, and it would make me over-emphasize the T (like when you feminize a word in French, if you speak French)

The only problem I can see with [name]Scarlett[/name] is that people might call her Scar, which is just not pretty. But [name]Scarlett[/name] is short enough that you should be able to avoid the nickname. Good luck with your decision!

[name]Scarlett[/name]

1. What do you think of the name? (for a girl, of course): I like it a lot, but on someone else’s child or as a middle name.
  2. Is it in danger of becoming overly popular?: I do think it will be very trendy soon, (see Nameberry’s popularity chart that appears when you search the name) which is the major reason why I would not use it on my own child.
  3. What type of girl do you picture when you hear this name?: I picture a little girl I know who has this name: quiet and polite, but smart and friendly too.
  4. Does it sound Mature or youthful?: I think it sounds more youthful and current, but it will age well, which is one of the reasons why I like it.
  5. Would you ever use a different spelling—scarlet or scarlette:
    I would stick with the original spelling.

The nickname “Scar” is a problem, and I don’t like [name]Lettie[/name] either. But she can always request not to be called by a nickname.
I hope this helps!

[name]Scarlett[/name]‘s okay in my book. When I think [name]Scarlett[/name], I first think [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name] from Gone With the Wind, and a girl I went to school with (whose sister’s name was [name]Ruby[/name], no joke). I MUCH prefer the spelling [name]Scarlett[/name], TOTALLY no to [name]Scarlette[/name], I don’t think it looks nice and she’s gonna go through life constantly correcting people’s spelling of her name.

If you’re into the color names, maybe go more towards a [name]Sapphire[/name] (I find this nicer on the ears - [name]Scarlett[/name] sounds too harsh, I picture long red nails when I hear it) or something of the sort. The only other red name I can think of is [name]Ruby[/name].

Help me out! Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

When my husband and I talked about baby names years before I was preggers … we talked about [name]Lula[/name] … and I suggested [name]Scarlett[/name]… years later when I asked him he said [name]Scarlett[/name] of course… I was doubting the name but he was stuck on it… I thought of [name]Raine[/name] for the middle name … my mother hated the name. We ended up naming her [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] Vore … everyone I tell her name to loves it even my mom. It suites our daughter. I did want to change her middle name as I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is BEAUTIFUL. You will know when you see your baby. We call her [name]Letti[/name] Bug now.

1. Name is beautiful. Very strong and assertive. Has a personality of its own.
  2. Yes and no. Although I think it would have already if it was to, so I think you’re safe there. I think the name is a tough one to pull off just from the way it sounds (this is not a negative thing) and so I think people shy away from using it because it’s a strong name.
  3. Feminine yet strong. Someone who gets noticed and has a mind of her own.
  4. I would say it’s more of a mature name
  5. I like [name]Scarlett[/name] with double ‘t’

One of my favorite girl names.
I would use it if our last name wasn’t [name]Johnson[/name] - too close to [name]Scarlett[/name] Johansson. Also, my wife knows I really like [name]Scarlett[/name] Johansson.
Someone here mentioned the middle name [name]Faye[/name] with it. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Faye[/name] sounds great!

I love it. Classic, yet striking.
  2. Is it in danger of becoming overly popular? Yes,I do. Out the group of pregnant women I know right now-2 of them have picked this name. Thats why I won’t consider it.
  3. What type of girl do you picture when you hear this name?sassy
  5. Would you ever use a different spelling—scarlet or scarlette?[name]Scarlett[/name]