Henrietta -> Henny?

This idea has taken over my mind completely! I have never been a fan of [name_f]Hetty[/name_f] or any variation of that at all and I think by using [name_m]Henry[/name_m] the delicate girly touch of the name is lost. Maybe it’s just infatuation but to me [name_f]Henny[/name_f] feels like [name_f]Fanny[/name_f] without any of the unwanted connotations…
Thoughts?

1 Like

Could easily see it working & if Im honest I prefer it over Hetty, same as Henna which gives a slightly more ‘grown up’ option later on :blush:

2 Likes

YES! Had never thought of this before but it’s lovely! There’s something a bit [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] to it too

1 Like

I absolutely adore the nickname Henny for Henrietta! I first came across the name when I read about Henrietta Lacks years ago. She was called Henny. While her story was quite sad, I was still struck by her incredibly sweet nickname. I thought it would be a lovely tribute to give her name and nickname to a little girl.

1 Like

I’ve just googled her, can’t believe I’d never heard of her before!

Yes, her story and her children’s story are heartbreaking.

1 Like

Oooh [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] ‘Henny’ is great - it’s gentle but not too cutesy and feels but fun and able to travel with her.

1 Like

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Henny[/name_f] is beyond adorable!

1 Like