here we go!

After virtually giving up on ever having a child… low and behold we’re pregnant with an i don’t know if it is a boy or girl (i say boy, but who knows)! Thank the GODS! anyway… now we have to focus on naming our little nugget; this is not as easy as I thought it would be and I am beginning to freak out - PLEASE HELP!

*Our last name is three syllables, so I am having a hard time deciding if this means the first name has to have a shorter or the same amount of syllables ([name]MIL[/name] drama).
*I am a teacher, so I tend to go toward the more unusual names to avoid 10+ years of name associations.
*Middle name for a girl must be [name]Rose[/name] (family name).
*I am all over the place with origin preference, but seem to gravitate more toward a Gaelic/Irish/Scottish preference.

Here are some likes to date:
Girls :
[name]Siddalee[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Carys[/name] (not likely as hubby HATES it)
[name]Tatum[/name]

Boys:
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Bodhi[/name] (i know, where did this come from?)
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] (another veto by the hub - says it is alot of name - lol)

any help would be most appreciated.

I think the first name should be one or two syllables. From your girls list I like [name]Tatum[/name] the best and think it sounds nice with [name]Rose[/name]. Plus, it’d be perfect because you’d have a two syllable, one syllable, and three syllable which would make for a perfect flow. From the boys list I like [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] best.

Congrats on the baby!

I would go with a 2-1-3 pattern for the syllables. It seems to flow best.

I love [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name].

Others:
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Brielle[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lina[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] rose
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Boys:
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Fintan[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Dalton[/name]
[name]Quinton[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Sander[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Marshall[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]

I immediately thought [name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Rose[/name].
[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rory[/name] (boy or girl)

Congratulations!! We’re having a hard time TTC as well, so I understand your excitement. Yay for you :slight_smile:

I personally think a two-syllable name sounds best with your longer last name, but if you’re nickname people that might not matter as much. My two cents:

Girls:
[name]Carys[/name] is gorgeous, but my personal favorite from your list is [name]Tatum[/name]. It’s spunky and cool and grows up well… and I love [name]Tate[/name] as a nn. Nice choice!

Boys:
I adore [name]Hugo[/name]. It’s a favorite of mine, but it sounds horrible with our H-long O sound last name. If you use this, know that I will be jealous in the best way possible :slight_smile:

I also really like [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Callum[/name].

You’ve got a great list. Good luck.

thanks for all the input… especially the advice with the syllables… it’s been pestering me! you guys are the best

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is GREAT! I love [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Callum[/name] & [name]Hugo[/name] for boys.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Siddalee[/name] or to make it lighter: Siddaleigh is an absolute favorite for me! It’s really cool, not girly at all and its nickname: [name]Sidda[/name] is fantastic! What about [name]Portia[/name]?

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! [name]Love[/name] it! I would use the name [name]Tatum[/name] if my sister didn’t already claim it as her favorite :slight_smile: Congrats!