Heres one that might surprise you..

Give it 5 minutes before you reject it, my first reaction was to say no way but it’s come back to me ever since as sounding lovely…[name]Jasper[/name] for a girl?

So… I am actually not a fan of [name]Jasper[/name] period. I just can’t get the image of a pretentious, proper butler out of my mind. But I have got to say that I would be even more against it on a girl.

My reason really comes down to a matter of balancing the names. There are so many girls names and yet people continue to convert boys names over. Sometimes the conversion goes so far that a name is no longer acceptable as a boy’s name. For example, [name]Kelly[/name] and [name]Leslie[/name] were boy’s names, but now no boy would ever want those names. [name]Riley[/name], [name]Avery[/name], and many others are starting to tug that line. So, while I don’t love the name in general, I still really believe that this one should remain in the boy’s court.

With that said, I can see the appeal to a certain degree. Primarily the “jas” begninning. But I think that a girl’s name like [name]Jasmine[/name] is absolutely beautiful and is probably a better choice.

I liked your warning…your funny. I have always had to warn people first with our names…I have a Chapel, [name]Winsor[/name] and [name]Sean[/name]…We are trying to find a name for baby number 4 if it is a girl and the names are out there…

I like [name]Jasper[/name] for a girl but I like unique and different.

I really like [name]Juniper[/name] for a girl. Others on our list:
[name]Merritt[/name], [name]Chandler[/name], [name]Lynden[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Paisley[/name], [name]Holland[/name] - good luck!!!

I liked your warning…your funny. I have always had to warn people first with our names…I have a Chapel, [name]Winsor[/name] and [name]Sean[/name]…We are trying to find a name for baby number 4 if it is a girl and the names are out there…

I like [name]Jasper[/name] for a girl but I like unique and different.

I really like [name]Juniper[/name] for a girl. Others on our list:
[name]Merritt[/name], [name]Chandler[/name], [name]Lynden[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Paisley[/name], [name]Holland[/name] - good luck!!!

I listened to the warning…thank you for that. :slight_smile:
I did think about it, and actually, it might be really good for a girl! It has a nice soft sound and that -er ending that seems pretty neutral these days.
It makes me think of girls’ names like [name]Jana[/name], [name]Jasmine[/name], and [name]Juniper[/name], and that is probably another reason why I like it.
If I didn’t like [name]Jasper[/name] for a boy, and want it to remain a masculine name, then I would totally say yes to it as a girls’ name. As it is, I’m on the fence already…

I like [name]Jasper[/name] for a girl. In fact, I honestly just don’t see [name]Jasper[/name] as a name for a boy.

[name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Baby[/name] Names Examiner

I really like it:) On a girl I think it’s subtly pretty, it reminds me a lot of [name]Jasmine[/name] which I love. I do really like it on a boy though…

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Well, I’m a guy who still has one of those names ([name]Kelly[/name] is the one) and I’m fine with it!