Hero and Lux?

Are these two names terrible on a little girl? I know [name]Lux[/name] isn’t totally unheard of, but [name]Hero[/name] is pretty unusual… I’ve tried being pragmatic about them but I love both names so much and I can actually imagine myself calling my daughters by either of these names: “[name]Hero[/name], can you set the table, please?” “Have you done your homework yet, [name]Lux[/name]?”

WDYT? Are they really bad as sisters? You can be honest…!
What would you name a brother to [name]Hero[/name] and [name]Lux[/name]? (I know most people immediately think [name]Hero[/name] is a boy)

LN rhymes with [name]Hogan[/name]. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m interested in mythology so I don’t think they’re horrible at all!
I love [name]Lux[/name] and [name]Hero[/name] is really nice.
They are very unusual and I don’t think most people will get it, though. I like them both. [name]Lux[/name] and [name]Hero[/name] sound good together.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hero[/name]! And [name]Lux[/name] is really growing on me. I knew I girl named [name]Hero[/name], she was very bright and strong so it’s not hard for me to picture it on a girl. Yes, I think they work well as a sib-set, I’m just racking my brain trying to think of names for brothers… Other mythology names work best, I think or names from [name]Shakespeare[/name]. I’m sure some will come to me later:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hero[/name] is a serious guilty pleasure for me, I really love it. I can imagine calling my daughter that, but not telling other people that I named her that, if you know what I mean. I think you have to decide how important it is to you how other people react to the name. I actually think she’d enjoy having that name, how distinctive! I know I’d love it, if it were my name. I imagine [name]Lux[/name] and [name]Hero[/name] would be very confident and have a lot of personality! I think once they were older people would think their names were awesome, but I can just imagine telling people “This is my baby, [name]Hero[/name]” and the faces they’d make and the “What? [name]Hero[/name]? Where did you come up with that?” comments. Yeah, you’d just have to decide how important that is to you… to me it’s very annoying (and my son is the not-all-that-crazy [name]Dashiell[/name]).

I say two thumbs up, especially for [name]Hero[/name]! If I ever someone named [name]Hero[/name] I would flip!

I know others have liked them, but I really don’t like either [name]Hero[/name] or [name]Lux[/name].

I just can’t see [name]Hero[/name] on a girl. And [name]Lux[/name] is a very “sexy” name to me and I associate it with The Virgin Suicides because it’s the first time I’d heard of it (not well versed in mythology.) There’s a TV show starting on the CW with a teenaged girl named [name]Lux[/name], this will probably make that name more palatable to the average person. But [name]Hero[/name] is all “boy” to me.