Hi! I'd love your thoughts and suggestions for my story

[name]Hi[/name] berries!”
My name’s [name]Clea[/name] and I’m 16 years old. I’ve always loved names and am so happy to have found this website! I’m an aspiring writer and love coming up with names for my characters. I just finished up with midterms (finally) and have a five day weekend. It’s the perfect opportunity to work on a story I’ve been writing. I’d love your thoughts on the names I’ve chosen for my characters. ”

The story centers around 3 sisters named [name]Frances[/name], [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name]. They go [name]Fanny[/name], [name]Nelly[/name], and [name]Ruthie[/name] with family and close friends, and are 17, 16 and 14, respectively. Their parents are [name]James[/name] and [name]Helen[/name], and they have a little brother names [name]James[/name] [name]Jr[/name], who goes by JJ. ”

The story takes place in New [name]England[/name], I’m thinking New Hampshire, and the girls go to a very elite school. The town they live in is very wealthy and traditional. I want the characters to have unusual names. Most of them should be classic and vintage, but some can be surname type names. Below is the current list I’m working with, but they aren’t set in stone. I’d love your feedback on them. [name]Do[/name] any seem out of place? ”

[name]Amabel[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Watson[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]West[/name] nn Liss”
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Noble[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Penn[/name] nn [name]Vi[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]”[name]Porter[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]”[name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]”O’[name]Brien[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name] [name]West[/name]”
[name]Miller[/name] [name]Baldwin[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]”
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Becker[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Avalon[/name]

I’d love suggestions, too, if you think of a name that would work well.

Also,”I need help coming up with names for a family that moves to the town. It’s a single mom and her two kids, a 17 year old boy and a 15 year old girl. I want their names to be the opposite of those listed above. I’m not sure if they should be trendy or really common names, but they need to be a different style. This is going to sound bad, but I want them to be names that the ‘elite’ families would look down on. Any suggestions?”
Thanks!
[name]Clea[/name] :slight_smile:

Anyone? I really need help!

What do you think of Core and [name]Plum[/name]? I’m going for some really ‘out there’ names that are modern and would be somewhat shocking in a traditional envirnomet. I kind of the like the fruit theme too. What do you think?

Thanks!
[name]Clea[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Clea[/name] :slight_smile: I happen to be a 16 year old name lover too, from Australia though :slight_smile:

I think all your names are spot on for the style you’re going for. The only ones I would reconsider is [name]Frances[/name]’ nn. I think [name]Franny[/name] or [name]Francie[/name] works better than [name]Fanny[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Ruthie[/name] and [name]Nelly[/name] though.

[name]Amabel[/name] : I find this a bit hard to say actually, I know it’s a name in it’s own right, but it looks like it should read [name]Annabel[/name]. Or you could even change it to [name]Mabel[/name] which I think is adorable. Her surname is [name]Lewis[/name], and with her name ending in ‘l’, and [name]Lewis[/name] starting in ‘l’, the names run into each other which you may want to reconsider also.

Are your suggestions of Core and [name]Plum[/name] for the brother and sister who move to town with their mother? If so, I think [name]Plum[/name] could work, but not too sure about Core. I also don’t think they’re names ‘elite’ families would necessarily look down on, as some of the names they name their children are just as ‘out there’. I think more trendy names about the time they were born (mid 90s) would be the best option. What about:

For the girl:
[name]Chelsea[/name]
[name]Brianna[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name]
[name]Hayley[/name]
[name]Brittany[/name]
[name]Tayla[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Abby[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Amber[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Tiana[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Kaitlyn[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]

For the boy:
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Justin[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Jayden[/name]

Trendy unisex names:
[name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Payton[/name]
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]

If Core and [name]Plum[/name] are names for the ‘elite’ families, I think they would work. I actually really like the fruit theme and the more ‘out there’ names. Some more suggestions:

[name]Zippora[/name]
[name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Roxie[/name]
Priys
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Auburn[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name]