Hi so i’m trans

i’m thinking about the name graham or possibly leslie but i love graham a lot more and i’m really struggling to come up with more names so i’d gladly take some suggestions!

4 Likes

Hey! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f], @alovelyavacado.

I was just thinking about the name [name_m]Graham[/name_m] tonight, so it’s funny you brought that up. I love [name_m]Graham[/name_m] because it makes me think of [name_m]Graham[/name_m] Crackers and is such a warm name. [name_f]My[/name_f] only issue is that, apparently, some people pronounce it “[name_u]Gray[/name_u]-em,” whereas others pronounce it “[name_m]Gram[/name_m].” I pronounce it the second way, but I don’t think it would be hard for people to adjust to whichever pronunciation you choose.

Other suggestions:

Laurie (since you mentioned [name_u]Leslie[/name_u], it made me think of [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] from [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women as it’s also a unisex name)

Alexander (my current favorite name and [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] songs it so nicely)

Grant (kinda similar to [name_m]Graham[/name_m], but more blunt)

Reed

Bennett

Rowan (unisex)

Dean

Jack

Daniel

Max

Felix

Jasper

Henry

Peter

Blake (unisex again)

James

1 Like

Ooh, [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is cool too :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Langley
Leighton / Layton
Lawson
Covington
Carrington
Labbe
Gleason
Graylie (Graham and Leslie smoosh)
Greeley
Rowan
Rogan
Nyalls / Nyall
Devereau
Dawson
Bixby
Rigby
Sommersby

1 Like

i pronounce graham the same as you! i actually love the name reed and i thought about it but i feel like people would think it’s weird cuz i watch criminal minds and the one characters last name is reid (pronounced the same way as reed) and i’m just not too sure people would think i’m sane lmao. i love all of these names tho omg its so hard to pick just one

1 Like

omg i love these! i thought about devereau but i cant picture myself with that name sadly

Perhaps [name_u]Devin[/name_u], [name_m]Devante[/name_m], Deverah, [name_m]Dev[/name_m]?

Gilson
[name_m]Giles[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_m]Teddie[/name_m]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_u]Henley[/name_u]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]
[name_m]Giovanni[/name_m]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_m]Tavis[/name_m]
[name_u]Palmer[/name_u]
[name_u]Laney[/name_u] / [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
Fenway
[name_m]Quimby[/name_m]
[name_m]Nixon[/name_m] (nn [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], [name_m]Nye[/name_m])

Graham is great!!

I’ll suggest

Gabriel
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]

1 Like

Welcome, @alovelyavacado! :wave:

Graham is a great name (although I confess that I pronounce it GRAY-um, as a [name_u]Brit[/name_u]). It’s strong and warm and not too common.

Leslie is also nice, but it does feel more androgynous than [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. I’m not sure whether you would prefer clearly masculine names, or more unisex ones?

If you like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] pronounced GRAM, you might like [name_m]Grant[/name_m]?

Others that give me a similar vibe are [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_m]Bram[/name_m], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]…

2 Likes

Graham is a nice name! I do feel [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] leans a little feminine even though it’s a unisex name.

Some other suggestions:

Grayson
[name_m]Griffon[/name_m]
[name_m]Boone[/name_m]
[name_u]Cody[/name_u]
[name_m]Cain[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]
[name_u]Sam[/name_u] / [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Corey[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] (since you’re a criminal minds fan and reid isn’t called [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] too often)
[name_u]Zeke[/name_u]

I love the names [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] ([name_m]Leo[/name_m]) for short or [name_u]Gray[/name_u].

Hey! I’m a trans man and I definitely feel you on having trouble narrowing it down to one name. What I did was try out a few names online or with close friends until one “stuck”, and then used the runner-up as a middle name. [name_f]My[/name_f] legal name is now [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] ___. “[name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]” is often seen as a somewhat feminine-leaning neutral combination, but since they are my middle names, it works for me. All this to say, if you really love [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_u]Leslie[/name_u], you could just go with [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] (which I think is a great combo)! Or try any of these other names on for size and see how they feel - no rush!

5 Likes

I think [name_m]Graham[/name_m] Lesie sounds great, but you can definitely try a few names on for size!

Griffin
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]/Laurie
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_m]Neander[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Dante[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

If Devereau isn’t right as a first name, what about as a middle name?

Hello and welcome! I’m excited for you and the opportunity to get to know yourself with a name that feels like you!

I like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] a lot. [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] is alright, as well, but it sounds like you are feeling [name_m]Graham[/name_m] a lot more. I really like the suggestions of [name_u]Reed[/name_u] and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] for you. Names with a similar feel to me would include :

Sawyer
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

Hey! first and foremost :transgender_flag: trans rights my fellow person! Name searching can be exciting and nervewracking (it was for me) so here’s some ideas inspired by the style of your choices (: count repeats as a second vote!

Griffin
[name_u]Grayson[/name_u]/Greyson
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]/Laurence (though I’m biased bc it’s my middle :man_shrugging:t2:)
[name_u]Loren[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m]
[name_u]Jamison[/name_u]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]/Julian
[name_u]Alexi[/name_u]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]/Harrison
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]/Reese
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]