Hi!!

I wasn’t sure if I should post this in [name]Jax[/name]'s thread or start a new one but I thought maybe nobody would check back there so I decided to start a new one! I hope it was the right choice. It was really funny that my husband has come onto a name website and started calling himself [name]Jackson[/name] not [name]Jax[/name], he never uses his fn! It would be like me using [name]Josephine[/name]!! AAahhh!

Anyway, I haven’t had a chance to read all of your posts on the other thread but thanks for all the congratulations!
I’ll tell you how we got to [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

So I had this list I took in, my top four were [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name] or [name]Mirabelle[/name].
While I love [name]Clementine[/name] it just didn’t feel right to me. [name]Delilah[/name] reminded me of the song too much but I still really love the name!

So then it was down to [name]Cecily[/name] or [name]Mirabelle[/name]. I thought [name]Mirabelle[/name] was too frilly and I don’t like how popular [name]Belle[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] endings are now.
But it just started feeling right to me, so the only question was [name]Mirabelle[/name] or [name]Mirabella[/name]?
[name]Mirabella[/name] looked better with [name]Genevieve[/name] but I preferred the [name]Belle[/name] ending.
So even though I had hardly talked about [name]Mirabelle[/name] and liked it but never really considered it, it seemed perfect then and I haven’t looked back since.

[name]May[/name] is a family name I have been planning to use all along but my husband ‘forgot’ to mention [name]Jane[/name] was his great grandmothers name until the day before I had the girls! I couldn’t believe it, because I love [name]Jane[/name] but wanted meaning so it didn’t seem like a filler. I’m also a fan of the literary connotations. It’s great because middle names are one from each side and first names are just names I like… very happy.

I think I will definitely revisit [name]Cecily[/name] and maybe [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] if we are blessed with another little girl, although two is certainly enough for now!

Sorry if this is all over the place, I have just had my first quiet moment since they came home.

Oh and they are nicknamed [name]Mira[/name], and [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name]- we haven’t really settled on that yet.
It’s really cute because my little cousin is calling the girls Jennabee and [name]Magic[/name] [name]Mira[/name].

Anyway, I am very happy with the names and couldn’t have been without all the help I received here ( I hadn’t even heard of [name]Mirabelle[/name] before!).
So thank you all a million and don’t think you’re rid of me yet, I love this website and I will be hanging around!!

[name]Josie[/name]

[name]Lovely[/name] to read your story on how you chose your girl’s names. I think the choices are beautiful, all babies should be so lucky.

Congratulations once more (see on your husband’s post).

I think the names you’ve picked are gorgeous and versatile. They work so well together without being too matchy :smiley:

[name]Love[/name] those names so much! [name]Mirabelle[/name] has been one of my faves for quite a while, and I fell in love with [name]Genevieve[/name] on Nameberry. [name]Hope[/name] you guys are all fine!

[name]Mirabelle[/name] is such a beautiful name, [name]Ive[/name] never reallt heard it before!

Congratulations on your 2 babies!!!

Thanks everyone! I wish my mother in law felt the same way!

I’m sure she will come around!

Thanks [name]Susan[/name], I hope so but I don’t particularly care.
First she told me [name]Mirabelle[/name] was a made up disney name, but I told her it was the french variation of a latin name meaning wonderful and she was silent… for a while…

[name]Susan[/name], what are you childrens names? I know there is a [name]Peter[/name] but what are the others? I hope you don’t mind me asking, I’m just very interested!

My m-i-l hated [name]Peter[/name]'s name, but then after he was born she said she loved his name. Then she went out and bought him all this [name]Peter[/name] Rabbit stuff. [name]Peter[/name] is 23 and his middle name is [name]Sebastian[/name]. My daughter [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is 17. My husband picked out her first name. No matter what I thought of, he only wanted [name]Laura[/name]. So I picked her middle name. My mother’s middle name is [name]Elizabeth[/name]. If I had any more kids, I think I would name them:
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] because both my husband and I have liked it for many years,
and either
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Helen[/name] or
[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Helen[/name] because my mom’s name is [name]Helen[/name] and we have several Anns in our family on both sides.
[name]Peter[/name] is very sad because he is named after my cousin and [name]Sebastian[/name] isn’t after anyone in the family. He is jealous of [name]Laura[/name] because she is named [name]Laura[/name] after her great grandma and tons of women in our family have the middle name [name]Elizabeth[/name]. We have said to [name]Peter[/name], “We had you in our twenties, and back then we didn’t realize how important family names are. But we named you our very favorite names, so know that we did the best we could to make you feel very special!”

[name]Josie[/name],

CONGRATS! Such beautiful names! I hope you and the girls are doing well. Get some rest while still in the hospital! :slight_smile:

Well done, [name]Josie[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Josie[/name]! :slight_smile: I absolutely love the names, and think they’re perfect together. I had absolutely no idea you were still considering [name]Mirabelle[/name], but I remember talking about it with you. I’m so happy it was still on the table, because it’s wonderful with [name]Genevieve[/name]! (I love the French theme!) :slight_smile:

I hope that Miss [name]Evie[/name] and Miss [name]Mira[/name] are doing well, and that you’re doing well. :slight_smile:

I’m so glad you’ll be sticking around!

Have a great night! :slight_smile:

Oh, [name]Josie[/name], you’ve chosen such beautiful names!!! Congratulations on your twin angels :slight_smile: I hope the three of you are doing wonderful!

Thank you everyone!!
We are all doing well thanks for asking!
I’m a bit delirious with lack of sleep but the girls are so beautiful.
SO glad you all like the names!!!
[name]Jill[/name], I didn’t really know I was considering [name]Mirabelle[/name] seriously either, to tell you the truth!
I wouldn’t even have found it if it wasn’t for wonderful nameberry.
Thanks again :):):):slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Susan[/name] thanks for telling me! Pretending to hate a name she loved sounds just like something my [name]MIL[/name] would do! We have two [name]Peter[/name] [name]Scott[/name]'s (different sides) in my family and I also have a great uncle called [name]Peter[/name]! I would consider it for a boy, it’s such a nice solid name. [name]Sebastian[/name] is so gorgeous! My cousin is called that and it’s funny because he is the third in is family and the only one without a family middle name too! It must be something about the name [name]Sebastian[/name]. I have a soft spot for [name]Laura[/name], I knew two beautiful little girls with that name! It is so pretty and sweet and classic. I also really like the name [name]Helen[/name], especially [name]Helena[/name]. There is an ex-convict island near where I live called [name]Saint[/name] [name]Helena[/name], I went on a tour there, it was really interesting! [name]Philip[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] sounds really good, I don’t really like the nn [name]Phil[/name] but I like [name]Philip[/name]. It’s fun to say!! Haha.
Have I told you my parents names are [name]Susan[/name] and [name]Peter[/name]? Mum goes by [name]Sue[/name] but I used to call her [name]Suzy[/name] Q, she didn’t really like it I don’t think. I love [name]Susanna[/name].

Thank again for telling me! :slight_smile:

Thanks for asking, [name]Josie[/name]! My m-i-l really didn’t like the name [name]Peter[/name], but as soon as she saw her new grandson [name]Peter[/name], suddenly she loved that name. It gives us all hope that our families will love our babies names.
I don’t like the nn [name]Phil[/name] either. That is the problem with [name]Philip[/name]. My back-up boy’s name is [name]Thomas[/name]. But I am almost 50, so I don’t think I have to worry any more!
I can never be final on a name for a girl. Already I don’t like [name]Helen[/name] for a middle name although I still love [name]Annika[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name] for first names. I will probably obsessively think of middle names to go with them while I fall asleep tonight.
[name]Laura[/name] is such a lovely name. So glad we named her that! Whenever I think of a girl’s name now, I always think, do I love it as much as I love [name]Laura[/name]?
Your mum is named [name]Susan[/name]? I bet she likes it! I love [name]Susannah[/name], too!
You’re lucky that your dad is named [name]Peter[/name]. If you name your son [name]Peter[/name], you can honor your dad.
If I had named my son after my dad, he’d be [name]Kenneth[/name] [name]Chesney[/name]. Too much like [name]Kenny[/name] [name]Chesney[/name]!

I love [name]Thomas[/name], and I too think that when I know I won’t have any more kids I will still think about names! I am already wondering about sibling names even though [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Mira[/name] are not even a week! To tell you the truth though, I hardly thought about names until I got pregnant. And now I am a bit obsessed with this site! I think I would rather use [name]Peter[/name] in the middle because there are so many already in our family. I have an uncle I don’t like called [name]Peter[/name] and I would have to make it very clear that I was honouring my dad not him! [name]Kenneth[/name] [name]Chesney[/name] doesn’t sound good but I really like the last name [name]Chesney[/name]. It feels very neat. I don’t know if mum likes her name, I guess she does. She doesn’t like to talk about names. She is very down-to-business and an action woman, not one to sit around and discuss names, which is a shame.

I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] should pay you and [name]Jill[/name]!

It would be wonderful to be paid for my obsession. It seems pretty sure that [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] are obsessed with names, and they are lucky to make a career of it!
Thank you for the complement about my last name! I love it, but I could never name my daughter [name]Lucy[/name], and that is sad. Or my son [name]Chester[/name].
I love your daughters’ names so much! I had a friend named [name]Miri[/name], and she was so pretty. She looks a bit like [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Loren[/name]. She never told me what [name]Miri[/name] was short for. She kept it a secret. Then my husband and I found a restaurant in [name]West[/name] Hollywood called [name]Mirabelle[/name]'s. It was so good. This was many years ago. We used to drive over there on our anniversary. I thought that [name]Mirabelle[/name] was such a beautiful name. I love [name]Genevieve[/name], the patron saint of [name]Paris[/name]! So sparkly, but kind of medieval sounding. You did good!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Susan[/name], I have just been trying to get the girls to sleep. They finally are, I wonder for how long…
Haha [name]Chester[/name] Chesner! Oh, that would be terrible. [name]Chester[/name] is a really cute name though.
I wonder why you’re friend kept her fn a secret? That seems strange since [name]Miri[/name] is a very pretty nn… I hope no one could be ashamed of [name]Mirabelle[/name] as their name!! Maybe [name]Miri[/name] was her fullname? I can’t believe you live near hollywood. That’s so cool :stuck_out_tongue:
And as for the French connection, it has special meaning for me because I worked near [name]Paris[/name] for awhile and loved it. I was managing a little art gallery there, it was one of the best places I have worked. When I lived in [name]France[/name] was the only time I was called [name]Josephine[/name] by everybody.
Thank you, so glad you like my choices!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say I have been admiring your name choices without commenting, and reading about the French connection I just had to say how absolutely perfect they are. My partner has twins in his family and I dread potentially trying to agree on two names and avoiding being matchy but still making them cohesive - I hope if I ever have to deal with it that I do as well as you have! They’re beautiful, personal names, and I love the family connections in the middle. I’m sure your girls will both grow up to love their names and appreciate how much thought went into them.