Hicks

What names can be derived from the surname Hicks that are useable as first or middles? Thanks.

[name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]? It’s a stretch, but the sounds are there.

Yikes, does it have to be the surname? Is there a first or middle that’d be an option?

Hixon is a surname I know of.

While I appreciate the family significance of Hicks, it’s also a word that means “a backward person”. Use it in the middle spot if you must.

Hickson/Hixson/Hixon
Hickory (a type of tree)
Hickman (well, this is great either)
Hickstead

and you have [name_m]Huck[/name_m] or [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] which never sounded so good before.

This comment made me laugh! Thank you.

If used, it would be safely hidden in the middle , maybe even third name spot. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering if there is a better form of Hicks or if Hicks, as bad as it may be, might be the safest bet in its original form. I am all too familiar with the meaning of the name, being from Central Appalachia and bearing this name for 24 yrs before I wed. :wink:

I thought this would be hard but it’s actually really easy. The surname Hicks derives from the medieval nickname Hicke - which was a nickname for [name_m]Richard[/name_m] (think [name_m]Richard[/name_m] to [name_m]Rick[/name_m] to Hick). So anything from [name_m]Richard[/name_m] itself to diminutives like [name_m]Rich[/name_m] to Spanish forms like [name_m]Ricardo[/name_m] or [name_m]Rico[/name_m] would work.

Thank you, magpie!

What about Henrick? I actually think that’s quite handsome.