“Hippie” style names?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

I mentioned some of my favorite names to a friend the other day and she said they were “hippie-ish” and earthy. I can definitely see earthy but hadn’t ever considered myself to have a “hippie” style (though I guess hippie-ish names are inherently more earthy!)

For girls I really like [name_u]Aster[/name_u], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u]/Juniper, [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], and [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. For boys it’s [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_m]Reed[/name_m], [name_m] Thatcher[/name_m], and [name_u]Wilder[/name_u].

So I’m curious: what kind of names would you consider “hippie-ish”, and are they your style? I’m really excited to see your lists!

TIA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Such pretty names!!!

Meadow
[name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]
[name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

2 Likes

Ooh I love these! I feel like I’ve been seeing a lot more of [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] and [name_u]Cove[/name_u] lately. I wouldn’t personally use them, but I quite like them!

1 Like

Your names definitely lean a bit hippie or earthy; I really like them. [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]: super cute!

2 Likes

Hmm, I tend to think of unusual plant names, like [name_f]Celandine[/name_f], Lunaria, and Stellaria. [name_f]Eartha[/name_f] is a personal favorite of mine, as well.

1 Like

These are really unique and definitely hippie! How fun. I really like Stellaria, which is funny because I’ve never been hugely fond of [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

1 Like

I’ve never thought of my style as hippieish but this is definitely right up my alley as far as names go.

Some of my favorites:
[name_u]Clove[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Wells
[name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] (probably a mn, too brave for me :sweat_smile:
[name_u]River[/name_u]

From your list I love [name_u]June[/name_u]/Juniper, [name_u]Aster[/name_u], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] (these have all been in my list at one point or another!)

1 Like

When I think hippie names, I think Sunflower, [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f], [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_u]Love[/name_u], etc.

Your choices seem a little too classic for hippies :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha this way actually my exactly thought! Definitely very earthy but imo not quite brave enough for a true hippie. The names you listed are definitely fun though :laughing:

Ooh I love all of these! [name_u]Indie[/name_u] is a favorite and I also like [name_u]Indy[/name_u]/Indiana. I’m sure the character is the reason for this, but I think it’s so adventurous and spirited. [name_u]Clove[/name_u] is really sweet (I like [name_f]Clover[/name_f] a lot too) and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is definitely my favorite bird name! I think it’s spunky and pretty yet simple. I just love everything about the way it sounds and looks.

I love all the boy options as well! [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] is so cool. I definitely wouldn’t be brave enough to pull it off, though I would love to meet one! [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is one of my favorite surname names. It’s so versatile - I could see it being elegant or casual, sporty or artsy - and [name_u]River[/name_u] almost made this list! I’m so back and forth about [name_u]River[/name_u] though. There’s a part of me that loves it. Then there’s another part of me who associates it too much with actual rivers and how dirty they can be. I know it’s a silly connotation, but it’s made it hard for me to like [name_u]River[/name_u] as much as [name_u]Ocean[/name_u].

1 Like

I’m not that brave either. [name_f]My[/name_f] kids have sweet spot names. I do remember as a kid liking the name [name_u]Sundance[/name_u] because of [name_m]Butch[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] and the [name_u]Sundance[/name_u] Kid, and a friend told me it was too much of a hippie name. [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Redford[/name_m] made it look cool in that movie though!

1 Like

[name_f]Enya[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]
[name_m]Bramble[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]

1 Like

Wow these are great. I love so many of them! I especially like [name_f]Enya[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], and [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]. I also love [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]. I considered putting a few of these on my list actually! The only [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] I’ve met was a girl and she just rocked her name so much that I slightly prefer it on a girl, but it’s great on a boy too.

1 Like