His favourite vs mine

See the results of this poll: His or mine?

Respondents: 84 (This poll is closed)

• Owen Douglas : 55 (65%)
  • Felix Douglas: 29 (35%)

I voted but that was not my vote… I asked my DH and he said “[name]Owen[/name]” right away. I think I would have voted for [name]Felix[/name]. :slight_smile: But when you pair it with [name]Douglas[/name], I think [name]Owen[/name] works better.

I prefer [name]Felix[/name] but it doesn’t go well with [name]Douglas[/name], so [name]Owen[/name] is better

[name]Owen[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] for me, it sounds better than [name]Felix[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] reminds me more and more of cats.

[name]Owen[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] flows together very nicely, so I voted for that.

I agree with many previous posters- I like [name]Felix[/name] slightly better as a name, but with the mn [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Owen[/name] won out for me.

I’m with the others. I like [name]Felix[/name] generally, but I don’t like the repetitive “s” ending: -x -s. [name]Owen[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] flows much better [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Owen[/name]! [name]Felix[/name] just sounds harsh to me and it really does not go well with [name]Douglas[/name] at all.

I voted [name]Felix[/name]. I absolutely love it, and find it so much more interesting than [name]Owen[/name] (which has never appealed to me honestly, but it is a nice name). I agree that [name]Felix[/name] doesn’t flow the best with [name]Douglas[/name], but it wouldn’t be a deal-breaker for me. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Owen[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]. [name]Felix[/name] just doesn’t appeal to me.

My vote goes to [name]Owen[/name]. I’m not a fan of the name [name]Felix[/name].

I like them both, and I think they both work beautifully as combos, so the only reason [name]Felix[/name] got my vote in the end is because it’s the spunkier of the two, and balances out the old-fashioned [name]Douglas[/name].

I voted for [name]Owen[/name], b/c [name]Felix[/name] makes me think of a cat.

:slight_smile: [name]Cris[/name]

[name]Felix[/name] is absolutely fab, and would be in my top 5 boys’ names if it weren’t for other connotations. [name]Owen[/name] sounds dull (sorry) and though the sounds are slightly neater in combination with [name]Douglas[/name], hardly anyone uses the full name anyway. Depending on why you chose it, you could perhaps consider [name]Douglas[/name]-like alternatives ([name]Dougal[/name], [name]Dugald[/name], [name]Dougie[/name])?