Holiday Babies/Parents of Holiday Babies--Weigh In, Please

My son was born a week ago, so early January. I was stressed the whole pregnancy hoping he’d come later (my due date was originally the 12th) because I feel it would not be fun for him to have his birthday so soon after a major holiday, and at a time when everyone is still burnt out. I actually was going to wait to start trying until the next month to avoid a January baby haha (he was an accident basically), so I totally get why you are asking! He was actually born on my MIL’s birthday, and I know she often gets forgotten about her birthday because of when in the year it was. So we’ll see how it plays out in coming years!

Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about being close to Thanksgiving because people usually aren’t super busy around that time, plus the date of the holidays changes every year anyway. As for close to Christmas, I think within a couple weeks is most likely to be problematic. But even then, if it happens, then you can make extra arrangements to make the day special for your kiddo, even that means doing multiple celebrations

1 Like