Holly as a middle name

We are almost certainly using [name_f]Holly[/name_f] as a middle name and are looking for a good 3 syllable first name. My wife likes [name_f]Guinivere[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] but I am not completely sold. We also had [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] on the list for awhile and I think it sounds nice but I think the name is starting to get fairly popular. I have run into a lot of Evies and Evas lately. I actually like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] but I don’t love how [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds with [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. In short, i am just wondering what ideas the greater community might have.

Hmm…I’ve also been pondering using [name_f]Holly[/name_f] one day as a middle since it is my mom’s name. It’s kind of tough to find a good first name to go with it. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f] sounds nice. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]…I don’t know, it doesn’t seem to flow as well.

Other 3 syllable names…
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] (I guess most people say it with 2 syllables but I think it goes nicely with [name_f]Holly[/name_f])
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (same as [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f])
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

4-syll…
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]

Sorry, it’s hard for me to think of good names to go with [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. I think it’s much easier to put [name_f]Holly[/name_f] in the first name spot. I’m going to really pay attention to this thread, I’m curious to see what other berries come up with!

I agree…[name_f]Holly[/name_f] is kinda tough. We were thinking of [name_u]Skye[/name_u] or [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] as middles and they seemed to go with nearly everything…contemplating [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] but my better half would prefer [name_f]Holly[/name_f] as a middle.

[name_f]Adalaide[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniella[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Joselyn[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Makenna[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]

Definitely hard to find a good flow. I think the last name will help it sound more complete.

hmmm, [name_f]Holly[/name_f], whilst lovely, is indeed tough in the middle spot. Would you consider lengthening it to [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]?
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] is great!
Presuming you don’t want to change it by lengthening then I think the “belle” endings sound good with [name_f]Holly[/name_f] - [name_f]Clarabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. VERY heavy on the L’s but I think they flow.

[name_f]Holly[/name_f] is nice as a middle name, there’s also [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] that are similar if you’re not entirely certain on [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. From your list I really like [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f] and I think [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] would sound nice. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] being paired with [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. The flow sounds off to me.