Honest opinions about Opal

Recently I’ve been crushing on the name [name_f]Opal[/name_f]! I have two daughters already, [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and it seems like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] fits right in! Only problem is that our last name is [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. Does [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] sound terrible to you? [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is kind of a hard last name to pair with so I’m not super uptight with it sounding perfect. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] may turn some people off but I don’t mind it. That being said, I wasn’t sure if the L’s would take it overboard.

I have googled [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] and that is the name of a great [name_m]Black[/name_m] Rights Activist so I think that’s a pretty cool namesake! Also some people still feel that [name_f]Opal[/name_f] sounds too old fashioned still and not ready for a come back. What do you guys think? I live in the Midwest is the US if that’s helps. Tell me your true feelings on [name_f]Opal[/name_f]!!

4 Likes

I love it!

In all honesty, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] isn’t my favourite. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] sounds cool, actually, it rolls off the tongue like charm. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] are gorg, I adore them! I think that [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is better as a middle name, like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] or [name_f]Liliya[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. [name_f]Remember[/name_f] that you’re naming a baby for life, you have to love it! [name_f]My[/name_f] opinions though, whatever you choose is great!

1 Like

Opal definitely has vintage charm, and I quite like it. It is PERFECT with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! Honestly, I do think it’s read for a comeback. And I don’t think it’s problematic with your surname – despite the L sounds, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] sounds totally fine, imo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it is a gorgeous name. I like the flow of it with your last name and with your other daughters’ names. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is ready for a comeback!

I think it’s a great name and the two names together sound powerful.

I think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] fits in lovely with your other daughters, even if it isn’t exactly my style!

1 Like

While it’s not my style, I think it evokes beautiful imagery and a sense of strength.

2 Likes

Opal is a great name! It has quite a modern feel to me despite it being vintage. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] sounds fine to my ear. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Flora[/name_f] are gorgeous names as well! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] fits well with them :blush:

1 Like

I don’t think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] flows any less than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] to my ear.

I like [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. It’s vintage-y, classic and has some old-fashioned charm to it. I don’t think it’s too old to use, especially alongside young Pearls.

Oh, it’s so perfect with your girls! :heart_eyes: I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] sooooo much.

Opal is actually rising quite rapidly at the moment (still uncommon, though!) so I definitely think it’s ready for a comeback. It sounds fresh and funky and adorably vintage to me, rather than just old. And [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] sounds great!

I do personally prefer [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], and would love that for you too, but I really don’t love [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] — it’s a little hard so say and sounds like “pearly”.

So [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] gets a big :+1: from me!

I really like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] a lot

Opal is gorgeous and fits so well with your girls. I think it sounds fine with your surname

I adore [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and love it with your girls names! I think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] with your last name is stunning! I would maybe avoid [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] ( but I think it’s darling in a cutesy way too ) but I totally think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is PERFECT

I adore [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. It is gorgeous!

It sounds lovely with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

I get what you’re saying about the two L’s. I try to avoid that, but probably not at the expense of such an amazing name as [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

Plus it’s not like people go around all the time saying, “[name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Loring[/name_m]! [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Loring[/name_m]!” or any first and last name combo.

Finally, [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is such an innocuous sounding name that that makes it less of an issue for me. I have a friend whose first names ends in a D and whose last name is Dworkin. His name has been hell for him, but that might have been the case even without double D’s!

Good luck!

I seem to be the minority here but as much as I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] I just can’t see it working on an adult! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] on the other hand are entirely sophisticated and timeless.

A name that comes to mind for you is [name_f]Margot[/name_f], as it still has that “oh” sound and means “pearl” and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] just sounds perfect. She also fits in great with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f]! I think it is perfect with your other girls’ names. :blush:

Opal is one of my all time favorites!

I don’t personally like consonants running together like that. Sounds like oh-PUH-lee. Almost like “Oh, puh-leez” (oh please).

Suggested alternatives, keeping in theme:

• Ivy [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
  • Summer [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
  • Autumn [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
  • Juniper [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

I love it! Such a great fit with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] too!