Honest opinions on Dodge...

The association with [name]Dodge[/name] trucks doesn’t bother me.

[name]Dodge[/name] is a surname on my father’s side. It was my great-grandmother’s maiden name and my grandmother started the tradition of using it as a given name (which is going strong).
Dad is [name]William[/name] Delanci [name]Dodge[/name] Lastname.
Half-brother is [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] Lastname.
Nephews are [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] Lastname and [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] Lastname.
If I had been a boy, I would’ve been [name]Connor[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]/[name]Patrick[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] Lastname.

I love the name, but I’m not a big fan of the D_____ [name]Dodge[/name] middle name because I feel it’s too much of a throwback to my dad, who I don’t always get along with (at least not enough to honor him).

WDYT of [name]Dodge[/name] as a FN? What MN would you pair with it? [name]TIA[/name]! :o)

[name]Grey[/name],

[name]Dodge[/name] as a first name reminds me of dodge-ball and the LA Dodgers, honestly. Not bad, but not good. It sounds like a nickname! If you don’t want to use it as a second middle name, what about a first middle name - you could use [name]Dodge[/name] as his nickname, along the lines of [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] [name]Jackson[/name], called “[name]Dodge[/name]”…

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Dodge[/name] as a mn, but as a first name, I think it is asking for trouble. [name]Dodge[/name] does mean avoid and could lead to poor connotations in certain professions.

So at first I was thinking I’d say that it’s okay as a first name because you’ve got such a strong family reason for it. However, after reading the last poster’s point about it meaning ‘avoid’ and the impressions that could have professionally, I’m now thinking that it’s not such a good first name. I do think it would be a great single middle name or the first of two middle names.

Ok I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Dodge[/name]. SO much! It was the first name that we chose for our son before we changed our minds a million times, and let me just tell you that everyone we told it to loved it. They really loved and it and my mom still talks about how she hopes we name our next baby [name]Dodge[/name]. Sometimes I really miss it, to.

It’s an old family surname for me, too (only 6 generations back!). I love that it’s been in use in your family for so many generations.

I don’t think there would be problems with teasing. I can’t imagine [name]Dodge[/name] ball would be that big of a deal, he’d probably just laugh about it. There are a lot of kids with much more teas-able names, and they seem to be fine. Honestly I see it this way, if a kid is going to be teased, it doesn’t matter what his name is! They’ll find something to tease him about, and if he’s not going to be teased, people will think his name is cool! I think [name]Dodge[/name] would look fine on a resume, personally. It’s a lot more professional looking than all the misspelled names that are so common now. You have to think that he will be an adult in 20 years, not now… the perception on what is a professional name will be different then since so many of todays children have names that in the past would have looked ridiculous. [name]Dodge[/name] is legitimately a nickname for [name]Roger[/name], so it’s not new. And it’s not an uncommon surname, surnames as first names are very trendy.

The only problem I have with [name]Dodge[/name] is that is feels like a nickname, and I don’t usually like nicknames as first names. In this case, though, it really isn’t a nickname since it’s a family surname.

Sigh, sorry to write so much, I just really love [name]Dodge[/name].

Firstly, I like [name]Dodge[/name] as a family name to carry down in the position before the last name but not as a first name. I think it would be a good idea to avoid the DD pattern too.

Suggestions

[name]Connor[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] If you want a double D but not together
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Mason[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Micah[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]

I’m all for using family names, but I think that [name]Dodge[/name] should stay in the middle. The first thing I thought when I saw the title of your post was ‘Get outta dodge’.

i think dodge ball

Funny, this is the first thing that I thought, too: “Get the hell out of [name]Dodge[/name].” This reference bothers me more than the truck thing or the dodge ball association.

If you name your child dodge he will despise you when he is older. Poor kid.
[name]Dodge[/name] ball anyone? Oh no! There’s a
dodge car coming you better dodge outta the way! Eeek!

Definitely a middle name, where it would add distinction. But as a first, all I can think of is, “dodging bullets.” Trucks aside, it’s just not a word with generally happy associations.

[name]How[/name] about dodger, as in [name]Oliver[/name] Twist?

I really like [name]Marcus[/name] dodger, [name]Marley[/name] Dodger, [name]Damon[/name] Dodger, [name]Daniel[/name] Dodger, Dodger [name]Redmond[/name], Dodger [name]Finn[/name], Dodger [name]Christian[/name], [name]Matthew[/name] Dodger

[name]Dodge[/name] is really unique. I like it. I like Dodger as well like from [name]Oliver[/name] Twist.

[name]Dodge[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Dodge[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]
Dodger [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Dodge[/name] [name]Leon[/name].

It’s a really cool name. Kids will love his name.