Honest opinions on Neve?

Honest opinions on [name_f]Neve[/name_f]? Also, are there by any chance, longer names that can be shortened to [name_f]Neve[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Neve[/name_f] as a stand alone name a lot!

Could also possibly be a nickname for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]?

1 Like

Do you think it could be short for [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Neve[/name_f]! I’m not sure which spelling I prefer though - [name_f]Neve[/name_f] or [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]…

I like the suggestions of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] as longer forms. What about [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] or [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f]?

1 Like

Yes, I think [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] works too!

1 Like

Neve is really pretty and works as a stand-alone name but I do prefer [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] the name has the same pronunciation but just looks prettier in my eyes and I’m a sucker for Irish names!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Neve[/name_f] as a standalone option, but it could be a sweet nn for [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] too!

1 Like

Neve is lovely and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] nn [name_f]Neve[/name_f] is great

1 Like

I like the name but prefer the [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] spelling. However [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] will open you up to pronunciation issues so [name_u]Nev[/name_u] / [name_f]Neve[/name_f] makes sense !

I second [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] . I will add
[name_f]Heaven[/name_f]
Linaeve
[name_f]Neveah[/name_f]
Jeneve
[name_u]Navy[/name_u]
[name_m]Naveen[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Neve[/name_f]

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_f]Neve[/name_f]! It’s beautiful!
Maybe it’s a little stretch, but I think it could be a nickname for [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], too. I kind of like the idea…

1 Like

My honest opinion is that [name_f]Neve[/name_f] looks like a misspelling of [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]. I really like the sound of these names though, it’s very soft and pretty sounding. Maybe [name_f]Neve[/name_f] could be short for [name_f]Neveah[/name_f]?

1 Like

Hi I’m really sorry how would Linaeve be pronounced?

I would pronounce it [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]-a-Ev

1 Like

I absolutely love the sound of the name [name_f]Neve[/name_f], but I’m not quite sure about spelling. All in all I think [name_f]Neve[/name_f] is the best choice but it depends where you live. [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] is beautiful, but just wouldn’t work where I live. I have also seen [name_f]Nieve[/name_f] and that appeals to me, but it might end up getting (mis)pronounced as the Spanish word for snow.

Overall thumbs up to [name_f]Neve[/name_f]!

1 Like

Love it, but the traditional [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] spelling.

1 Like

Niamh looks the nicest and if you want it as a stand alone name I think it should be spelt this way.

However, if you want to use [name_f]Neve[/name_f] as a nn for a longer name such as [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Neveah[/name_f] etc then the [name_f]Neve[/name_f] spelling makes perfect sense as it relates better to the full name.

1 Like