Honest opinions on Syrena?

Curious to know what the general [name]Berry[/name] opinion is on [name]Syrena[/name]. I’m in the process of choosing a name to legally change to, and [name]Syrena[/name] is a new contender. I do realize that she’s connected to the sirens of Greek mythology and looks like a mispelling of [name]Serena[/name], but how do you honestly feel about her?

No need to sugar-coat it – [name]TIA[/name]! :slight_smile:

pretty sound but like you said looks like a miss-spelling of serena

You hit the nail on the head. Looks like a mispelled [name]Serena[/name]. [name]Serena[/name] is lovely.

It looks like someone misspelled [name]Serena[/name] and then the syr- reminds me syringe.

[name]Serena[/name] is very pretty though!

[name]Syrena[/name] looks like the name of a Greek monster (but I wouldn’t think of the sirens…unless it was the pirate ship one from [name]Doctor[/name] Who last season) and sounds like mis-spelling of [name]Serena[/name].

[name]Syrena[/name] is awful, sorry. Go with [name]Serena[/name] instead.

Pretty sound but looks bad on paper. To the average eye it’s a an attempt at a unique spelling. It does make me think syringe *
& hyena.

[name]How[/name] is it pronounced?
[name]Sy[/name]-[name]REN[/name]-uh
See-[name]REN[/name]-uh
Se-REEN-uh
SEER-en-uh

Was that something like “scyilla”, I am not up to date on my mythology but I remember this, vaguly.

I like the [name]Serena[/name] spelling but not [name]Syrena[/name], sorry.

I really like it, actually! I like the history of [name]Serena[/name] over [name]Syrena[/name], and I think [name]Syrena[/name] will have all the problems that you mentioned, but there’s a certain appeal to it that I really like. I think just [name]Serena[/name] is undeniably lovely, too, though!

[name]Syrena[/name] is wrong, if you want the greek version it’s [name]Sirena[/name].

[name]Both[/name], however, look like mispelled [name]Serena[/name]'s… sorry

Looks like a kre8tiv [name]Serena[/name] spelling.

[name]Syrena[/name] is the wrong spelling, the greek spelling is [name]Sirena[/name] (like Siren) both look mispelled though imo…

I prefer [name]Serena[/name], sorry

Also I would pronounce both differently.

[name]Sirena[/name]/[name]Syrena[/name] would be sir-en-uh or sigh-rin-uh instead of sir-ee-nuh

Thanks, all. I think maybe it’ll be delegated to a GP - it really does look way too much like a trying-too-hard spelling of [name]Serena[/name].

Thanks again!