Honest opinions on these...

Which of these are useable, and what are your honest opinions of them?

Adrasteia
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f]
Delen
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] (strictly middle name only)

Thanks in advance!

Adrasteia - don’t like it really
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] - sounds like a wizard name or something like that
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] - looks like a weird version of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
Delen - ok and usable but nothing special about it
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - cool, I like this one
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] - my favourite from your list
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - good
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] - I like the way it sounds, really pretty, second favourite
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] - I don’t like this, even as a middle name, it’s too unreal of a name for me

Adrasteia- I like it, not sure how usable it is, but it is really pretty.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] this. So pretty, easy to pronounce, great meaning.
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f]- not ready for a comeback yet. It sounds really old to me.
Delen- sounds incomplete to me, but it is okay.
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]- I like it, prefer [name_f]Juno[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u], but [name_f]Junia[/name_f] is nice too.
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]- Not a fan of the spelling. Prefer [name_f]Marin[/name_f] or [name_f]Maren[/name_f].
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]- I really like this one and the nn [name_f]Miri[/name_f].
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]- I think [name_f]Samara[/name_f] is beautiful. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_f]Mara[/name_f].
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]- As a middle name, it is really cool. Too wordy for me, but totally cool for someone else’s child.

I like [name_f]Junia[/name_f] and [name_u]Mirin[/name_u] but prefer the [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] spelling.

[name_f]Junia[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] is beautiful, I like it a lot.
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]/[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] look like variations of [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is very pretty and I know 3 of them. I don’t see a need to spell it differently.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] is interesting. I think it could make a very nice middle name.

I don’t care for any of the others.

Adrasteia - not bad, not a favorite
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] - very pretty
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] - I don’t like this one at all
Delen - reminds me too much of [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] of [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - like the Spanish flair
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] - I like this one
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - don’t like it as much as [name_f]Merryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] - very pretty
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] - fine as a middle name

Adrasteia - A bit too harsh for my ears, but it’s interesting. I think it’s usable.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] - What a lovely meaning! Not my style, but I think it’s usable.
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] - I like it and I like the nickname options. Usable.
Delen - Never heard about it before. I think it’s a bit plain. Sorry! Usable, though.
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - This one is growing on me, although like others I prefer [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. Perfectly usable.
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] - Not my style, but I think it’s usable.
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - Not sure which one I like better. Anyways, as above.
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] - It’d make a very interesting choice! I like it. Usable.
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] - I’m not against word names, but honestly this one feels a bit childish. Not sure why. Sorry! It’s usable as a middle name.

Adrasteia- Not feeling this. I would feel really bad for the kid to be saddled with such a big name.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]- Slightly better than the first. Its quite pretty.
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f]- I think of nuns when I hear this name, so no.
Delen- It seems to be a typo of [name_f]Helen[/name_f].
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]- Ohh! Now I like this one. I can get behind this one!
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]- I love this one too! I like the [name_f]Maren[/name_f] spelling better but same result so I like this!
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]- I think of the actor [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] so… idk.
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]- The girl from the [name_m]Ring[/name_m] was named [name_f]Samara[/name_f]. Maybe not a great pick for a baby.
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]- No. [name_m]Just[/name_m] no. [name_m]Even[/name_m] as a middle… Unless you want your kid to be a fairy… then go for it.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Maris[/name_f]
Samsara
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Olena[/name_f]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f]
[name_f]Marciana[/name_f]

[name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_f]Merryn[/name_f], [name_u]Mirin[/name_u] are the only ones I’d really consider usable. [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] would be fine as a mn, but I don’t care for it as a name. [name_f]Snow[/name_f] is pretty though.

Adrasteia: I’m not even 100% on how to pn this so I’m sure she would have trouble along with her classmates. Looks too clunky.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]: Eh, I don’t love it but I suppose it could work. Simplifying it to [name_f]Amara[/name_f] would be better imo.
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f]: [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother was [name_f]Bernice[/name_f], she made me like the name more than I probably would have. A lot of family called her [name_u]Bernie[/name_u].
Delen: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mean [name_f]Helen[/name_f]?
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] this! It gives life and spunk to the more plain [name_u]June[/name_u]. By far my favorite.
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]: Hmm…I would go with [name_f]Maren[/name_f] or [name_f]Marin[/name_f] instead
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]: Same as above ^
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]: Nice, but it reminds me of the ring :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] (strictly middle name only): I wouldn’t do it even as a middle name

Adrasteia- I’ve never heard this one before. Must admit I’m intrigued, it looks quite nice, but the drast bit kind of reminds me of drastic.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]- I really like this (I’ve got it on my list)
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f]- Like this as well.
Delen- Looks/sounds a bit too much like [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], not a fan.
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]- Nice twist on [name_u]June[/name_u].
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]- I don’t like it. I don’t know why, it just looks and sounds a bit off.
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u]- See above.
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]- I like this, it feels exotic and adventurous. It might be because reminds me of the [name_f]Sahara[/name_f] Desert.
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] (strictly middle name only)- Definitely best as a middle; for some reason I feel like it’s more suited to a pet (sorry).

I think [name_f]Berenice[/name_f], [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] and [name_f]Samara[/name_f] are usable, but the others aren’t to my taste and I find it difficult to picture their use in the real world.

Adrasteia - [name_m]Ad[/name_m]…[name_f]Adra[/name_f]…bler bler bler. Looks like a pronunciation nightmare on paper (even if it isn’t audio-wise). Not usable.
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] - Usable, since it’s pronounceable. Personally, it looks too much like [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] and I want to start singing, “Maranatha, [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_u]Messiah[/name_u]!”
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] so long as you’re prepared to correct a lot of people (like, everyone) that it’s not [name_f]Bernice[/name_f], it’s usable.
Delen - Usable. But personally, it looks like someone made a [name_f]Helen[/name_f] typo.
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - Totally usable, and a cute way to get to [name_f]Junie[/name_f].
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] - Usable, if ambiguous in spelling. She’ll probably get used to spelling out her name to people on the phone who are like “Uh…” (unlike [name_f]Berenice[/name_f], who will have to constantly correct people who think they know what they’re doing)
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - Ditto [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] (These aren’t pronounced the same, are they? I pronounce [name_u]Mirin[/name_u] as meer-in and [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] as merr-in, just FYI)
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] - Totally usable; sounds exotic yet accessible
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] (strictly middle name only) - I shouldn’t be talking when it comes to weird word names, since I rather like Peppermint myself :wink:

All in all, I’d suggest [name_f]Junia[/name_f] and [name_f]Samara[/name_f] as the most usable.

Usable:
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] - kind of dated, but it’s familiar and would work
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - though I prefer [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f], this is unusual and simple at the same time- a good combination
Delen - usuable, but brace yourself for spelling issues and people mishearing it
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] - I think I commented on one of your posts with this in before. It is usable, but I still find it odd on a girl as the only [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] I know is a boy. [name_f]Marin[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_u]Mirin[/name_u] et al aren’t related names and don’t even sound the same, so enough with the ‘variant spelling’ comments! :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - Usable, so long as you realise [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] and Mirrin were separate entities :slight_smile:
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] - I really dislike it, but as long as it’s in the middle I think I can bear it!

Unusable:
Adrasteia - many, many spelling & pronunciation problems
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] - I dislike ‘anth’ names and, again, this name would face issues [name_m]IRL[/name_m]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] - too connected to the mental [name_m]Ring[/name_m] girl

Adrasteia - very alluring, but rather uncommon so it might trip people up when reading it…but then again, if you love it, keep it!
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] - NMS
[name_f]Berenice[/name_f] - I like this because it sounds like Baroness and I love [name_m]Baron[/name_m]/ Beren for a girl (including Baroness)
Delen - Sounds like [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]…a surprising spelling…I rather like it :slight_smile:
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - beautiful…
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f] - Feminine & gorgeous sound…[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] IT!! :slight_smile:
[name_u]Mirin[/name_u] - NMS
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] - Sounds great, but not sure about the look…
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] (strictly middle name only) - I prefer [name_f]Snow[/name_f]/ [name_u]Winter[/name_u]/ Wintersnow(?)…but if I see a name combo with [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] that I like, I would reconsider…however, I’m not entirely sure about the “drop” part.

Cheers :slight_smile: