Honest thoughts on Annabel?

Hi, what do you think of the name [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]?
[name_m]How[/name_m] do you prefer spelling it - [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you associate it with a horror movie?
Any IRL experience with this name?

• Annabel
  • Annabelle

0 voters

• Love it
  • Neutral
  • Don’t like it

0 voters

I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]! That spelling is my favorite, too. I don’t think of the horror movie but I also don’t watch horror movies really!

I’ve known a couple Annabels, they were nice but I didn’t know them super well so the name isn’t super associated with them for me.

1 Like

Reminds me of the doll from the movies, but I like the spelling [name_f]Anabel[/name_f] or I suppose [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] so much more, since it doesn’t look as feminine.

The nicknames [name_u]Bell[/name_u] or [name_m]Bow[/name_m] are so cute.

1 Like

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] sounds like such a sweet name on its own, but I can’t help but associate it with that doll.

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]/Annabelle. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t really decide which spelling either, as I normally am a big fan of -belle names, but [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] makes me think of [name_u]Poe[/name_u]’s poem which I like. I refuse to watch [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] movie knowing I love the name just so I don’t have (or at least nothing that I can’t ignore) the horror doll association in my mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I adore both spellings (and [name_f]Annabella[/name_f]!) and don’t associate with the horror film at all - I actually associate them with [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Annabell[/name_f] dolls (I have one from when I was little, lol) and the [name_f]Mara[/name_f] [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] film, A Simple Wish - her character was [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Gorgeous name!

1 Like

Annabelle is the best spelling… looks beautiful and regal and sophisticated. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] looks incomplete and like a made up way of spelling it, have never seen it spells this way. Absolutely love the name, gorgeous indeed!

1 Like

I think I prefer the [name_f]Annabell[/name_f] spelling.

2 Likes

Annabel is sweet! It would’ve been my younger sister’s name had my parents had a fourth. I much prefer this spelling but I tend to favor sleeker spellings.

1 Like

like @Babies123456, I prefer [name_f]Annabell[/name_f]. I don’t like the name in general though. But [name_f]Annabell[/name_f] or [name_f]Anabel[/name_f] is nice enough.

1 Like

The spelling [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] makes a world of difference to me, and a positive one at that because I have a strong dislike for the belle/bella names. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] looks down to earth and sweet, and as others have mentioned, it has the [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u] seal of approval.

1 Like

I don’t like the name. I definitely associate it with the doll and my creepy cousin.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]! [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] seems a bit silly to me, but [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is nice. I don’t associate it with the horror movie (although I’ve never seen it). I know two Annabels, both really nice!

1 Like

I love the name. It is my second favourite girls name. I personally prefer the spelling [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] I think it looks more complete.

1 Like

Annabelle was my favorite girl name when I was younger but the horror movie definitely ruined it for me. I still thinks its a really pretty name but I can’t get past it.

1 Like

Adore it! Prefer [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] spelling!

1 Like

I definitely associate it to the horror film/doll

1 Like

I love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] so much! It’s so beautiful and sweet, and I especially like nn [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. I like both spellings, but I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], as it reminds me of the poem [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u].

I do sometimes think of the horror films, but as someone who loves horror, I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. I was named after a horror movie character (partially), and it’s my favorite thing about my name! I’m also not sure how big of an association the doll will be years from now, anyway. Especially because [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is popular and familiar enough, and there are so many other associations. So I wouldn’t consider it a dealbreaker myself!

1 Like

I think it’s a nice name! Much prefer the [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] spelling! [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] looks over the top and excessively frilly to me. No, I do not associate it with that movie.

1 Like

Sorry, but this name just gives me the creeps because of the horror movies. :sob:

1 Like