Honest thoughts on the name Mitchell

My husband and I can’t agree on any names yet so when he throws one out there, I’ve been trying very hard to see if I can compromise. He’s always talked about [name]Mitchell[/name] (loves comedian [name]Mitch[/name] Hedberg) and I’m trying to see the good side of this name. Is there a good side? Or do others find this name dated and boring…I need assistance!! In case you missed my other posts, the names that I am loving right now are [name]Leo[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], and [name]Benjamin[/name]. Middle name is [name]Joseph[/name].

I don’t think its outdated or boring! I’ve always like the name. [name]Even[/name] the nm [name]Mitch[/name].

Oh! and I like [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Eli[/name], and [name]Benjamen[/name].

how bout [name]Grant[/name] [name]Joesph[/name]?

[name]Mitchell[/name] is very nice! Its never really been popular so I don’t see it as being dated or boring at all. I think the nn [name]Mitch[/name] is great and nn Mitchie is so cute on a little boy.

Well I know of a [name]Mitchell[/name] who is 5 years old so I can definitely see this name on a child. It is a nice alternative to [name]Michael[/name] (which I like).
The only other [name]Mitchell[/name] I can recall meeting is in his 30’s and he goes by [name]Mitch[/name]. I personally prefer just [name]Mitchell[/name] over using [name]Mitch[/name] as a nn but that’s just me.

Definitely not a boring or dated name…my nephew’s name is [name]Mitchell[/name], and he is 7. [name]Mitch[/name] is a great nn.

It’s very much my style; I think it sounds strong, one of those generically usable “hero” names. But I really wouldn’t want him to become [name]Mitch[/name].

I like it a lot. I’m also a fan of the similar-ish [name]Marshall[/name].

[name]Marshall[/name] is a very nice name :slight_smile:

I love [name]Mitchell[/name] it may not be the fashion right now but it is a very handsome name.

[name]Mitchell[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is a very nice name. [name]Hope[/name] you learn to love it.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Mitchell[/name]. I enjoy saying it. I have a friend named [name]Mitchell[/name] who is about 24, he’s one of the nicest people in the world. I love the nickname [name]Mitch[/name], too. The name [name]Mitchell[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is super handsome! I really, really love it!

I love [name]Mitchell[/name], too! [name]Every[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name] ([name]Mitch[/name]) I’ve ever known has been funny, bright, athletic, and handsome. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

It makes me think of “[name]Denis[/name] the menace” that was his last name
I think it kind of cute

I have to admit that I’m not crazy about the name [name]Mitchell[/name]. It does feel very 1970’s to me, though I also knew a [name]Mitch[/name] at school that I didn’t like so perhaps that’s influencing me. On the other hand, I love [name]Leo[/name], [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Eli[/name].

i don’t really care for the name [name]Mitchell[/name] (although I do love [name]Mitch[/name] Hedberg). I couldn’t imagine calling a baby [name]Mitchell[/name] though. The name ages well, but I don’t look at baby boys and think “[name]Mitchell[/name]” too often. It’s very hard and adult and stern.

[name]Mitchell[/name] has always been one of my guilty pleasures…I was a little disappointed when people told me it was dated, but I’m starting to love it again. I think a [name]Mitchell[/name] would stand out from the crowd, but in a good way.
I will always say: if you love the name, go for it, no matter what other people think.

I do like [name]Leo[/name], [name]Eli[/name], and [name]Hugo[/name] though…[name]Eli[/name] the most with the MN [name]Joseph[/name]. What about [name]Abraham[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of [name]Mitchell[/name] at all. I do really like [name]Eli[/name].

I actually love [name]Mitchell[/name]. I couldn’t use it with our surname whrn I has sons however. Too much “l” sound. I would have used it if I could have however or at leadt seriously considered it.