Honeymoon Baby! Name thoughts?

I have been stalking nameberry threads for so long… I can’t believe it’s finally my turn to ask for name opinions!

My husband & I returned from our honeymoon with the best souvenir ever… We’re having a baby! Gut feeling for both of us is that it’s a girl. We have never been able to settle on a name, but tonight it may have happened.

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] is spunky & fun. [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is an honorary name after my grandma, [name_u]Joyce[/name_u].

She would most likely go by PJ for short.

Thoughts?! Is [name_u]Piper[/name_u] going to be too overly popular because of OITNB?

1 Like

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is adorable! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname PJ!

Agreed. Best souvenir ever! :slight_smile: [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is adorable.

I love that name! I have been seeing the name [name_u]Piper[/name_u] grow more popular but I don’t think it’s because of OITNB.

Congrats!! I think [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is so bright and lovely :slight_smile:

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] has been growing in popularity for a fair few years now but it’s probably getting to the point where its wearing down. I think there will be a lot more [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f]'s than [name_u]Piper[/name_u]'s (which I personally find a good thing haha). And PJ is so, so adorable!

Congrats, what a great souvenir. I love [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and think [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is spunky, and PJ is so cute. It’s clear you both adore it! I wouldn’t worry about [name_u]Piper[/name_u] becoming too popular because of OITNB, I don’t think that will be the case… She goes by Chapman most of the time after all! :wink:

Big congrats to you!

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is very sweet and spunky, and I like the unusual nn idea of PJ :slight_smile: [name_u]Piper[/name_u] is pretty popular, and has a very modern, trendy feel to it with that fashionable -er ending. That’s by no means a bad thing, and if it’s your style then definitely go for it, but if you wanted something with a similar sound but a slightly more classic feel there’s always [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] feels bright, fun and classy.

While I’m personally not a fan of either name, I think they work wonderfully together, a very quirky combination!

Congratulations! I think [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is adorable!

I knew a [name_u]Piper[/name_u] in high school (10+ years ago) and of course [name_u]Piper[/name_u] from Charmed. While it does seem to be getting more popular, I haven’t actually met any little Pipers. If you both love it, I would use it.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]!! It’s gained some popularity in recent years, partially due to OITNB I think, but I feel like another poster said I don’t think it will be the next [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_f]Emma[/name_f] in terms of being overly popular. [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is so cute. I absolutely love it!

It’s so spunky and adorable! I love it!

Thank you all for the kind words!!

It’s funny because before my pregnancy, [name_u]Piper[/name_u] was never really a contender for us. Somehow it came up in conversation the other day, and then the possibility of using PJ as a nickname just seemed to stick! We cannot get it out of our heads! So, it is mostly decided that if the baby is in fact a girl, her name will be [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]… “PJ” :slight_smile: We love it.

Again, thank you for all the reassuring thoughts!