Honor

I was just watching [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls… and in this episode [name]Rory[/name] meets her boyfriends sister, [name]Honor[/name]. My boyfriend overheard this name and commented on liking it. We very rarely agree on a name, and I very much like it as well. We know that if we have a boy, his name will be [name]River[/name], but are very VERY undecided on a girls name (I am not pregnant yet, we are going to start trying in the new year). Anyway, what do you all think of the name [name]Honor[/name], and do you immediately think of [name]Jessica[/name] Albas daughter?

Hm. I kind of like the sound of [name]Honor[/name]. Maybe [name]Honor[/name] can be the new [name]Grace[/name]? It’s got that polished, sophisticated vibe going on, it’s sweetly romantic and feminine, yet it still feels a bit whimsical and playful and fresh. [name]Do[/name] I immediately think of [name]Honor[/name] [name]Warren[/name]? Hm, maybe not immediately, but she comes to mind. But, now that you mention [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls, I do recall [name]Honor[/name] being [name]Logan[/name]'s sister’s name - I think I thought it was pretty neat back then, too!

So, yes, I do like it. [name]Do[/name] I like it with [name]River[/name]? Can’t say I love that, to be honest. If I were being perfectly frank, I’d say in a decision between [name]River[/name] and [name]Honor[/name], I’d choose [name]Honor[/name], every time. It’s pretty and fresh and altogether fun.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Ya it isnt my favorite pairing with [name]River[/name] (Although nothing has been yet- I do envy people who seamlessly pick out not only beautiful and unique names for there children, but also names that are beautiful together.)

Now that you mention it being the “new” [name]Grace[/name], I could see it being a great middle name… replacing the ever so popular “filler” middle names like [name]Ray[/name], [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Grace[/name].

Thanks for the reply [name]Lemon[/name], I always do appreciate your input & honesty!!!

Yea, that is a tough one, choosing names that go so seamlessly together. With [name]River[/name], I see more new, fresh, natural names, like [name]Willow[/name] (or [name]Willa[/name]), [name]Wren[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], or maybe [name]Delaney[/name]. But, with [name]Honor[/name], I see names with vintage, classic, or virtual qualities, like [name]Felicity[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] for a girl and [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], and [name]Elliot[/name] for a boy.

But, you’re right - [name]Honor[/name] would make a stunning middle name with great meaning and significance! Good thinking!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I had an English instructor in college with the first name [name]Honor[/name]. She was British and the name suited her very well – a bit playful but also principled and kind. I would love to meet a little girl named [name]Honor[/name]. I think it’s a nice virtue name that isn’t as heavy handed as [name]Mercy[/name] or [name]Patience[/name], and could apply more positively and broadly to living life.

I’ll be honest, here…when [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name] first named her daughter this, I thought it was totally dumb. But it’s actually kind of grown on me, and it sounds more like a name to me now than a noun. :wink: (I do think of her daughter when I hear the name, though.)

I also like [name]Honora[/name] or [name]Annora[/name] (and those sound even more like names to me, which is a plus!).