Honoring Louise

[name]Hi[/name] Berries! I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for honoring [name]Louise[/name]? I don’t want to use [name]Louise[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Elouise[/name], etc…I think it’s the “weez” sound that doesn’t work for me. And while [name]Louisa[/name] CAN be pronounce with an S, I know it won’t be. I’ve thought of [name]Lucy[/name] but DH doesn’t like names ending with the EE sound. Any ideas? Thanks!

A smattering of names that are etymologically related:
[name]Gina[/name] (via [name]Luigina[/name])
[name]Lovisa[/name] (loo-VEE-sa)
[name]Marisa[/name] (Combination of [name]Maria[/name] and [name]Luisa[/name], so pronounced ma-[name]REE[/name]-sa, not ma-RISS-a)
[name]Lilou[/name]
Boys
[name]Louis[/name] (Obviously)
[name]Aloysius[/name]
[name]Ludwig[/name]
Vico
But it would also be a good idea to look into middle names or initials for more options if none of those strike your fancy.

Here are some names that have similar sound/feel to [name]Louise[/name].

[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]

[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Lucan[/name]

[name]How[/name] about the name [name]Lois[/name]?

Other ways to honor someone

• use first letter of their name only–so any L would fit.
  • use middle name or last/maiden name
  • use same initials or reverse initials
  • did they have a nickname?
  • maybe the name of the city, street, state where they grew up
  • one of their favorite names or just something related to a special memory you shared with them.
  • her birth month stone or flower (even if you used that as a middle) – or you could use an anniversary month or a state flower/bird/tree

I feel like you’ve got a lot of great suggestions coming from the [name]Lou[/name]- part of the name, so I decided to go the other way with the -ise/isa half. I didn’t separate for gender.

[name]Isa[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Isidore[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Isaline[/name]
[name]Ishmael[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Israel[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Louella[/name] as a way to honor [name]Louise[/name].

What about just [name]Lou[/name]? Like [name]Heidi[/name] Klum’s daughter. Or [name]Lou[/name]-[name]Elle[/name]?

Leutia would be cool too.