Honoring Petrina

Is [name]Regina[/name] (pronounced Re-[name]Gee[/name]-Na) too far fetched for honoring a [name]Petrina[/name] (pronounced Pe-Tree-Na)?

I wouldn’t see the connection. Maybe if it was more similar, like [name]Petrina[/name] / [name]Katrina[/name] or [name]Petrina[/name] / [name]Petrova[/name] / [name]Petra[/name].

I agree, the connection is far from obvious.

It does sound a like, but I personally would choose another “P” name or a name that means the same thing as Patrina. Or just plain “[name]Trina[/name]”.

It sounds similar but it certainly isn’t an obvious connection… You’d have to explain it to people repeatedly.

[name]Regina[/name] is a great name and if you want to use it, use it. But don’t expect people to think you’re honoring a [name]Petrina[/name]. If you want to want honor her, use [name]Petrina[/name], or one of christinamariane’s suggestions. My favorites of her list are [name]Katrina[/name] and [name]Petrova[/name].

You could honor [name]Petrina[/name] with [name]Petra[/name] or Pethra. My little cousin is named [name]Daisy[/name] Pethra and my whole family loves her name;)

[name]Petra[/name] or [name]Trina[/name] are the move obvious choices. [name]Patricia[/name] would work.
[name]Katrina[/name] is the only other name that ends in [name]Trina[/name].
Maybe [name]Bettina[/name]? It sounds close to [name]Petrina[/name]. Or [name]Celestina[/name]?
They are still not very similar, but are closer than [name]Regina[/name].

No, not close enough. [name]Petra[/name]?