Hot Takes? šŸ¤­

Really? I would assume everyone would spell it with the H unless told otherwise, interesting!

4 Likes

hot take: I love the nickname addie :see_no_evil: I know, Iā€™m crazy!!

8 Likes

Hot take: the Hot Takes thread has turned into a personal ranking thread

24 Likes

100% Agreed. Itā€™s fun to see peopleā€™s rankings, but after a while it gets boring to see and hot takes isnā€™t really fun to look at anymore since itā€™s the same thing over and over. Thatā€™s just my opinion though!

10 Likes

My hot take of the day:

It literally does not matter if someoneā€™s names are of the same style or not. It doesnā€™t matter if sibling names arenā€™t cohesive. Theyā€™re individuals, and you should use the names you love, not settle for ones that sound good together.

Iā€™ve had people tell me that certain names I like ā€œdonā€™t seem like my styleā€, which has never really made sense to me. I like what I like! :slight_smile: (No harm in saying that, by the way, I just never understood what it meant).

28 Likes

Perhaps someone could create a Hot Takes: Rankings Edition?
Edit: Actually, let me just do this right now, weā€™ll see if people use it.

10 Likes

Great idea!

Good idea! :grin:

Hot take - [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] looks like a "kre8tiv spellingā€™ā€™ to me. I know it isnā€™t and as far as I know it may be more traditional than [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], but I just canā€™t get over it.

Also, [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Kat[/name_f](e). Why not [name_f]Cat[/name_f](e)? It makes soooooooo much more sense.

5 Likes

Same!!

1 Like

I completely agree that cohesiveness is unnecessary, especially on here!

However, non-cohesive sibsets do bother me if they are extremely non-cohesive. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Fern[/name_f]? Absolutely fine. [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u]? I donā€™t think that works (coming from someone who adore both [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u] and gets upset at least once a week because they canā€™t be in the same sibset). But just for abstract naming purposes? Have a little fun!

Hot take: I really like [name_u]Ari[/name_u], but only on a boyā€” it just seems a bit tired and overdone on a girl.

9 Likes

Cassius pronounced [name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-us > [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] pronounced [name_m]Cash[/name_m]-us

12 Likes

The name [name_f]Elsbeth[/name_f], and other similar names, just remind me of Elphaba from Wicked for some reason. Itā€™s an association I canā€™t drop

1 Like

AliĆ©nor is a beautiful name that deserves love, and for some reason ā€œalienā€ part doesnā€™t bother me at all?

4 Likes

i never used to like it but Iā€™m totally crushing on it now!

Sage on a boy is superior to Sage on a girl!!

11 Likes

@EllieWilbury I didnā€™t realize Louisa and Fern didnā€™t go together! :joy: They both have a similar vibe to me.

7 Likes

Agreed! Also going off of this:

Julian/Julien >> Jules (b) > Juliet > Julianne > Julia > Juliana >> Jules (g) > Julienne > Juliette >>> Julius

Giulia > Julia

Agreed! I also feel this way about Rowan, Raven, Indigo, and Astor (all ā€œsuperiorā€ on boys).

Also, Sage >>>> Saige for any gender imo which is strange because I much prefer Paige to Page.

1 Like

iuliet > juliet > guiliet > iulia > giulia > julia

(honestly for me anything that avoids the ā€œjā€ sound gets a plus)