Hot Takes? šŸ¤­

What about Craig? Craig would sound kind of odd on a dog imo.

1 Like

This is irrelevant, but Iā€™m sorry, [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is not a girls name! Well, at least not grammatically it is. Youā€™re free to name your daughter whatever you want but for some reason it slightly triggers me when people try to say itā€™s unisex. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is a masculine adjective in [name_u]French[/name_u] meaning ā€œhandsomeā€, itā€™s as close to boy as you can get without the name literally being boy. The correct feminine version would be [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. Now I highly doubt anybody would even consider naming their son [name_f]Belle[/name_f] now would they? Lol.

[name_u]Bo[/name_u], however is neutral. You can even do [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] if youā€™re willing.

11 Likes

Nope. Itā€™d be great.

[name_f]Imagine[/name_f] a dog named [name_u]Logan[/name_u]. A dog named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. A dog named [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]. A dog named [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m] and a dog named [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]. (:wink:)

7 Likes

ā€¦Iā€™ve never met a cow named [name_m]Rusty[/name_m].

4 Likes

Not a hot take, but does anyone have the link to the thread where we can report the descriptions of names? Myrnaā€™s description is terrible (NB descriptions of international names areā€¦yikes).

2 Likes
5 Likes

:point_up:

7 Likes

I have, and regardless, thatā€™s just how I see it. :woman_shrugging:

I guess everyone has their own connotations!

2 Likes

Thank you :+1:

I see you point, and I get that. But unrelatedly I actually knew someone named Tsunami

3 Likes

Forgive me for asking but what exactly is the problem with Polly? :sweat_smile: Itā€™s one of my top girl names so Iā€™d just like to know. :smiley:

4 Likes

There is nothing inherently wrong with it, I was just using it as an example of names with dark meanings. According to babynames.com, Polly means ā€œGreat Sorrowā€

1 Like

Well all variants of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] (including Polly) potentially mean bitter, but theyā€™re common anyway :relaxed:

I wouldnā€™t compare [name_u]Wildfire[/name_u] with [name_f]Polly[/name_f] though.

15 Likes

cruella is actually a very cool name and iā€™m very disappointed that itā€™s so uhh cruel

14 Likes

Yessss :sob: I love it so much, but no way to get out of that association

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand why [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] gets so much hate while [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] gets so much love

9 Likes

[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] reminds me too much of auburn (like auburn-colored hair) to feel like a name. Plus the letter b just makes it less pretty than [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] brotherā€™s name has weirdly become a common dog name recently :thinking: there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which human names become popular dog names

1 Like

I didnā€™t know [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] gets hate! I prefer it to [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. But I do like the auburn color association, because itā€™s a nice color and word :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a controversial one, so I want to preface it by saying this: Generally, when I meet a person with this name, I understand that my connotation is totally different than what their parents probably intended while naming them, and itā€™s not a judgement of character (for either the parent or the child.)

[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] is an awful name. I will never be able to separate it from Confederate general/KKK Grand [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] [name_m]Bedford[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]. Especially because [name_u]Forest[/name_u] is an acceptable (but less common name,) I canā€™t think of a reason other than family history to name a kid [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], and I always have to wonder if any given [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] got his name from [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] [name_m]Bedford[/name_m]. I donā€™t hate many names, but this is one of them.

11 Likes