How did you discover Nameberry.com?

[name]Just[/name] curious. As for me, I read Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name] back in 1991 when I was picking a new middle name for myself at age 22 (changed from [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name] to [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] – wish I was kidding, but i am serious)
Then, I rediscovered [name]Pam[/name] & [name]Linda[/name] when I became pregnant last summer and poured over all of their name books. This site was launched right in time to elicit some feedback on our name choice for our own daughter ([name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], who was born in February).
The funny thing is that now I am just completely obsessed with names again and can’t get enough of this website!
[name]How[/name] about you all – what brought you here?

from some name game on a forum I think on Parents something or other lol…I belong to too many hahaha. They listed this site for a list you had to choose from and wala, fell in love with the site.

I read an article in the paper when the SSA released the listing from last year and it quoted a name expert (I can’t remember if it was [name]Pam[/name] or [name]Linda[/name]) and mentioned the site. I’ve been hooked ever since!

I poured over [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s Names from A to Z (forget the exact title) as well as Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name], [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Montana[/name], but I was frustrated with no new books since then, so I kept googling them to see if they had new books out (I missed quite a few of them somehow), but I found this website and the new books, and now have all of the above to aid in my obsession. The funny thing is the more addicted I become to the site, the less I’m looking for myself, and the more I’m just reading other people’s posts and commenting on names for others.

I am the mad Welsh one. I think I heard about BEYOND [name]JENNIFER[/name] AND [name]JASON[/name] from an American copy of “Parenting” magazine back in the late 1980s when I was expecting my first child. Being the obsessive-compulsive that I am, I then went on to get all the information I could about these wonderful authors, and I wrote to them - I have been writing to [name]Pam[/name] ever since! - and have got all their books. [name]Pam[/name] has been encouraging to me to get onto Nameberry since its inception, and I took the plunge back in [name]July[/name] and have been on it daily ever since!

Actually, my story isn’t very interesting. I was searching for the meaning of a name on Google and this site came up. I was really impressed with the blogs, name lists such as “[name]Clunky[/name] but Cool Names for Girls”, and the forums filled with priceless advice from other visitors. A simple web search has turned into quite the obsession. Or the fuel to feed an already present obsession. At least I know I’m not alone now.

Now I need to go buy the books!

I first heard about [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s works in about 2002 or so when I started getting interested in names. When I ordered “The [name]Baby[/name] Name Bible” in 2007 I ran onto their site about the book, and when they started Nameberry I followed over to here.

I loved reading “Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name]” when I was younger, so I was familiar with [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s full names. One day, I was reading the [name]Huffington[/name] Post, and was pleasantly surprised to see an article written by [name]Pam[/name]. If memory serves me correctly, I believe there was a link to this site (or at least a mention of it), and the rest is history! :slight_smile:

Great topic, [name]Sarah[/name]! :slight_smile:

I don’t remember how it happened, but I started emailing [name]Pam[/name]. I would send her lists of names that I thought of. Then I started emailing back and forth with [name]Linda[/name]. Then when Nameberry first started, [name]Linda[/name] emailed me and told me about it. I went on Nameberry and got to know [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] and [name]Lindsay[/name] right away. [name]Jill[/name] and [name]Lindsay[/name] are still around, but [name]Lola[/name] never posts anymore.

I’ve read (and own!) most of the books and then stumbled across the site in a link from a People.com story on baby [name]Sparrow[/name].

I found this site while (obsessively) searching for names for my puppy. We ended up naming her [name]Kyra[/name]. It took me awhile to make my first post, but now I’m here ALMOST everyday. Nameberry is my sanctuary from work :wink: