🐚 How do I make a double middle name work with these?

I’m not taking Tɛgᴀn off my list, but I keep having Orɛstinᴀ pop to mind as a first name lately and Tɛgᴀn doesn’t fit the sibset with it in there. I’m just not sure how to add 2nd middle names that work with the girls’ FN-MN combos I am leaning toward for the first two children of each gender. All names are honour names.

If you can help, I’d be very grateful. Thanks in advance. :pray: :blush: :heart:

Sibset w/ Single MNs:

• :ocean: [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
    :ocean: Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]

Sibset Ideas w/ Double MNs (what I’ve come up with so far):

• :ocean: [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Rio[/name_u] – [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] – [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Rosewood[/name_m] – [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Alani[/name_u]
    :ocean: Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] [name_u]Rio[/name_u] – Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] – Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] [name_m]Rosewood[/name_m] – Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] [name_u]Alani[/name_u]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Fen[/name_u]

Honour Names for 2nd MNs:

• :ocean: [name_u]Rio[/name_u] – [name_f]Rose[/name_f] – [name_m]Rosewood[/name_m] – [name_u]Fen[/name_u] – [name_f]Fenna[/name_f] – [name_u]Bay[/name_u] – [name_u]Alani[/name_u] – [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_u]Everett[/name_u] – [name_u]Fen[/name_u] – [name_u]Bay[/name_u] – [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u] – [name_u]Alani[/name_u] – [name_u]Kai[/name_u] – [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]

• I’ll take more suggestions as long as they honour where I grew up ([name_u]Arizona[/name_u]) and my adopted home (Massachusetts).

• For AZ: Citrus trees were abound everywhere and going to the local lakes and rivers. My home growing up was covered in roses (over 100 bushes), a fig tree I spent serious time under contemplating life & multiple citrus trees and I often went to see my Papa in the next town over who did wood working (I still have many of the crafts he created for me as a baby and the holiday decorations he made my mom) and absolutely loved roses (particularly orange roses like me). I also have pine trees where I live now and where I went to university on a mountain.

• For MA: I’m interested in names that are specific to MA. Names like [name_m]Walden[/name_m] (i.e. [name_m]Walden[/name_m] Pond) would be perfect except it reminds me of a close family of friends I grew up with in AZ.

• Added Bonus: I loved traveling when I was growing up (and still do). The [name_u]California[/name_u] seaside & Mexican seaside were common travel locales. [name_m]Washington[/name_m] DC and the Bahamas also were destinations.
      E.g. [name_u]Rio[/name_u] honours not just where I grew up (river) but also [name_m]Washington[/name_m] DC (cherry blossoms)

Note: I’m looking at making the 2nd MN an honour for somewhere meaningful as opposed to honouring an important person because I don’t know if I will be using 1 or 2 MNs. If I use 1 MN, then I won’t be loosing an important person honouree by doing it this way.

I really like [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Fen[/name_u]! For [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Rosewood[/name_m] is my favorite – I think it flows really well and the names work nicely together. For Orɛstinᴀ, I like Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] [name_u]Alani[/name_u] best – I think Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Alani[/name_u] [name_u]Cass[/name_u] would flow nicely too, but I understand if you’re set on the current order.

A few other honor name ideas:

• [name_u]Ari[/name_u] (for [name_u]Arizona[/name_u] – maybe [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] Ari?)
  • [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (citrus fruit connections – [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Clementine?)
  • Carpenter (for your Papa’s woodworking – [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Carpenter? Also, if there was a specific type of wood he liked to work with, maybe that tree’s name would make a nice honor?)
  • [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] (one meaning is ‘high mountain’ – [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] Aaron?)
  • [name_m]Montague[/name_m] (‘pointed mountain’ – [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] Montague?)
  • Azahar (‘orange blossom’ – [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Azahar?)
  • [name_f]Nasrin[/name_f] (‘wildrose’ – Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] Nasrin?)
  • [name_f]Róisín[/name_f] (‘rose’ – Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] Róisín?)
  • [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f] (to honor the Californian and Mexican seaside – Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Cass[/name_u] Pacifica?)

I put my honor name suggestions into the combos I thought they sounded best with, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like the originals you’ve already created! I just like to put my suggestions into the combos.

1 Like

@EagleEyes Thank you!

I absolutely love these suggestions. I’ve thought of a few before, but not for this. So many new names to consider, but all very welcome. I started to copy my top names from your list only to realize I was copying almost, if not all, of them.

I appreciate you letting me know which ones work best of my selections as of so far. [name_m]Rosewood[/name_m] has always been on my list, but I never knew where to put it – I’m glad it finally found a home. I agree Orɛstinᴀ [name_u]Alani[/name_u] [name_u]Cass[/name_u] sounds better so I may switch up the order.

1 Like

Bump