How do we feel about Lacey?

We are struggling to come up with a girl name. I recently came across [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] and kinda love it.

How do we feel about [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]? Sibs are [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Other ideas?? Is it too different?

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]! It’s a super sweet name. [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is lovely.

It’s very early-mid 2000s for me having grown up with a few Lacey/Laci/Lacys. But I would say that fits with especially [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] quite well.

2 Likes

[name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] feel like modern classics, and are a little autumnal and nature-y. I would say [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] stands out from them and not in a very good way tbh. [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] feels very mid 2000s and less timeless, and doesn’t have the same warm grounded feeling that [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] have.

1 Like

I also have a soft spot for [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], but it definitely sounds 90s or mid-2000s, as other commenters have mentioned. More of a mom name than a baby name now.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] would be darling with [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Other soft-sounding names with strong visual or tactile associations: [name_m]Garnet[/name_m], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Velvet[/name_f], [name_f]Prairie[/name_f], [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_m]Linden[/name_m], [name_f]Fable[/name_f], [name_f]Starling[/name_f]

I think Lacey is sweet with a girl next door vibe. I know a few Lacey’s they’ve all been lively fun people. Feels a bit 90s. Doesn’t feel that in keeping with Augu5t & Haz3l but I do feel that sibling sets do not need to follow the same style all the time. However would be surprised to know Lacey older siblings had those names. Going to put forward Maisie she has a similar feel to Lacey but more in keeping with your kiddos. Maisie feels more current.

1 Like

It feels dated to me, but tbh I’m just not keen on those sounds (also don’t like [name_m]Stacey[/name_m], [name_f]Macey[/name_f] etc). This is all very subjective, but I also don’t think it meshes well with the sibling names, which as someone said are autumnal, naturey and ‘offbeat classic.’ I don’t think different styles of sib names are an issue in theory as long as they sound cohesive in some way, but I don’t think these do really. I think it’s also because [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] are cohesive and [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] feels like the odd one out - if they were all disparate styles to one another it would be one thing but [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] very much go together, with [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] as the outlier.

Loved another pps suggestion of [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] :heart: sweet, a little sassy and stylish, but gentle too.

[name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is cute!

[name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is very sweet, especially with [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] :white_heart:

[name_f]Lacey[/name_f] is pretty ! It’s one of those names that is not overly popular but strong and recognizable. I have only personally known 2 Lacey/ Laci’s throughout my life . However I also strongly associate the name with [name_f]Laci[/name_f] [name_m]Peterson[/name_m] because I distinctly remember that case

I think it fits the noun theme of [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] . While I see where people think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would be a better fit stylistically ( old is nee vintage classic ) I think [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] also fits the word name vibe like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_m]August[/name_m]

I will suggest:
[name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]

Not a name I would choose but I think it’s a pretty sweet name and I like the vibes :blossom::sunny::tulip:

[name_f]Lacey[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is really sweet! [name_m]August[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] aren’t too different from another at all. You could also use [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] especially with a combo middle name (Cecilia [name_f]Louise[/name_f] nn Lacey)

[name_f]Lacey[/name_f] is a pleasant sounding name. If you like it, use it.

You might also consider

[name_f]Macy[/name_f]

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] called [name_f]Tacy[/name_f] (like in the Betsy-Tacy books)

[name_f]Velvet[/name_f] - knew a girl named this

Alaisa (pronounced uh-LAY-ssuh) - I knew a girl named this growing up. She was very pretty, even in third grade!

I LOVE [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]! I read a novel with a [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] in it when I was in high school and I have loved [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] ever since. She’s so sweet and feels like she’s full of spunk and character thanks to the story I read all those years ago. She had a heart of gold. I would be absolutely tickled to meet a [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], I need to find a spot for her in my own list. I don’t love [name_f]Marie[/name_f] so that doesn’t do much for me but I love the first name!

Good luck!