How do you feel about the name Emmeline?

**Pronounced [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line.
Nickname [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

Thoughts?

Yes

I love it! [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is a cute and beautiful choice, and adorable nickname [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] just adds to the overall amazingness of this name.

I think this name is gorgeous rich in history with the [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] Pankhurst association and I really like the [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] nickname

1 Like

Its okay. Itā€™s not my cup of tea in general, but I do much prefer the emma-leen pronunciation.

1 Like

Itā€™s very pretty, and looks adorable on paper! Though it isnā€™t really my style, I think itā€™s a lovely name!

Emmeline is one of my all-time favorites, even though I pronounce it in a slightly different way.

I love it pronounced emma-leen

1 Like

Love it!

Love this name! So pretty! Its one of my absolute faves!

Emmeline is gorgeous. Sleek and pretty with vintage charm

I usually prefer the line pronunciations but for this name I prefer it pronounced like emm-eh-leen

1 Like

I typically donā€™t like smoosh names, and with this pronunciation, it feels too much like a smoosh name to me. It also feels more southern, which isnā€™t my style. I think emme-leen sounds a bit classier and flows so much better.

I love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], itā€™s beautiful and so sweet, but I prefer it pronounced with the ā€˜-leenā€™ ending!

2 Likes

Love it. [name_f]Regal[/name_f] works well as a full name and NN [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

I like it, especially with the nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]!

Love, love, love!! I so wish husband liked it. Reminds me of [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of green gablesšŸ’š

I absolutely love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]!! Itā€™s so gorgeous and elegant, and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is such a cute nickname.

I like it pronounced emma-leen, but not pronounced emma-line.

2 Likes

I think of the Milne poem ā€œBefore [name_f]Tea[/name_f].ā€ Milne is the fellow who wrote [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh, and here is the poem:
https://voetica.com/voetica.php?collection=3&poet=685&poem=3333