How do you pick middle names?

I want to know the best way to pick a middle name? Ussually a first name is a name that you love, but how do you pick a middle name? To test out your strategy, try giving these names middle names according to your strategy(so pretend that your naming your children these and explain why you used the middle name like if u just like it, or family etc etc):
[name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Lesley[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]

I forgot to put how I do it, so here goes.
I like to choose middle names that are historical to my family, but sound good. One example:
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] is part of the history of our family. Our family is filled with ____(first name) [name]Janes[/name]!

But, sometimes, with some names I like to choose a fave name of mine, like [name]Alexandra[/name], to use as a middle name. Like:
[name]Lesley[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
It is special to have a middle name that your parents chose for you that they really love, too.

Another thing I like to consider while choosing a middle name is my favourite book characters. I like [name]Bella[/name] from twilight, but since my name is [name]Bella[/name], that wouldnt work. So, I might choose from my fave book when I was little, the [name]Madison[/name] [name]Finn[/name] series. From that series of small chapter books I liked the character [name]Aimee[/name], so the name could be:
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Aimee[/name]

xoxoxoxo,
[name]Bella[/name]

My husband and I decided that when we have children the middle names will have a family significance. Therefore, our girl’s middle names will be one of the following:

[name]Adeline[/name] (my gma’s middle name)

[name]Anna[/name] (my other gma’s name)

[name]Aurora[/name]/[name]Rory[/name]/[name]Oriana[/name]/[name]Zara[/name] (means “[name]Dawn[/name]” and both our mother’s names mean “[name]Dawn[/name]”)

[name]Lillian[/name] (significant to hubby’s family)

[name]Alice[/name] (both of hubby’s gma’s names)

So…if I were you:
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Lesley[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Oriana[/name]