How do you pronounce Aria?

Could someone please help me with the pronunciation of [name]Aria[/name]? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I dont know for sure, but when ilooked at it i immediatly read it as Are-ee-ah. Hard on the are, well like the word are, kwim? Thats how i read it but it could also be [name]Air[/name]-ee-a. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Are-ee-uh

Ditto!

So, would you say ARE-ee-uh, or are-[name]REE[/name]-uh? Or something else? :wink:

ARE-ee-uh

agreed

Iā€™m a huge classical music nerd as well as a baby name lover, so aria is a familiar word to me. [name]Aria[/name] is pronounced ARE-ree-uh, and it means a short opera segment in which the singer has a solo accompanied by an orchestra. Famous opera arias include ā€œPapagenoā€™s [name]Aria[/name]ā€ from the [name]Magic[/name] Flute by [name]Mozart[/name], and ā€œ[name]Pamina[/name]'s [name]Aria[/name]ā€ from the same piece.

You can hear it at the dictionary online:

[name]Aria[/name] is a word name. Please donā€™t pronounce it like area, or (sorry), the part of diarrhea after the di-. Please do not!

LOL! [name]Karen[/name], you crack me up! I totally wasnā€™t expecting that last part! :slight_smile:

LOL! [name]Karen[/name], you crack me up! I totally wasnā€™t expecting that last part! :-)[/quote]

I guess I could have said, and it doesnā€™t sound like ā€œ[name]Maria[/name],ā€ but I honestly didnā€™t think of it until after I posted. I think before people start saying maybe you could say it however you like, I had to post a warning. I could see someone not even making the connection to the word ā€˜areaā€™ already - what if it was too late, what if she already loved the way it sounds? If not the OP, maybe someoneā€™s reading, and goes, huh, thatā€™s really nice?! Iā€™m just providing a service. :slight_smile:

LOL! [name]Karen[/name], you crack me up! I totally wasnā€™t expecting that last part! :-)[/quote]

I guess I could have said, and it doesnā€™t sound like ā€œ[name]Maria[/name],ā€ but I honestly didnā€™t think of it until after I posted. I think before people start saying maybe you could say it however you like, I had to post a warning. I could see someone not even making the connection to the word ā€˜areaā€™ already - what if it was too late, what if she already loved the way it sounds? If not the OP, maybe someoneā€™s reading, and goes, huh, thatā€™s really nice?! Iā€™m just providing a service. :)[/quote]

Iā€™m with you, [name]Karen[/name]! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help! [name]Karen[/name], you cracked me up with your example of how NOT to pronounce it! LOL :slight_smile: So, itā€™s ARE-ee-uh. Interesting nameā€¦ I came across it in another post on here and thought it was kind of cute, but wasnā€™t totally sure how to say it.
Thanks everyone for the help - and the laughs! :wink:

Iā€™ve pronounced it much like everyone else, but a girl at work when I wrote it down said it like
Ar-rye-uh

I would have said ARE-ee-uh too, like in music.

[name]Ah[/name]- ri- ah