How do you say Zariah?

[name]How[/name] do you say it? I say it za-rye-uh, but is there a different way to say it?

I woudn’t think so. Like [name]Mariah[/name] with a Z. [name]Zaria[/name] coud baybe be zair-ee-uh, or zuh-[name]REE[/name]-uh (like [name]Daria[/name] or [name]Maria[/name]).

I pronounce it Zah-ree-uh.

My first instinct was Zar-ee-uh. Like [name]Aria[/name] with a “Z” in front of it.

I don’t know, but my instinct was “rye” not “ree.” Like jesba mentioned, [name]Mariah[/name] with a Z.

Yes, [name]Mariah[/name] with a z!

[name]Zariah[/name] is a unisex name that seems to be pronounced two ways depending on the gender. It’s popular in the African-American community.

[name]Zariah[/name] - variant of the Hebrew name [name]Azariah[/name] which means "helped by God = rye
[name]Zariah[/name]/[name]Zaria[/name] - variant of Arabic girl’s [name]Zahra[/name]/[name]Zara[/name] with various meanings “radiance” “princess”, “beautiful flower”, “rose” = ree

At first look, I thought “Zar-ee-uh” but now it looks like [name]Mariah[/name] with a Z. So I guess both ways? :slight_smile:

Like [name]Aria[/name] with a Z
Zah-ree-ah.

I mean, [name]Zariah[/name] prn [name]Zaria[/name] isn’t horribly bad or shocking, but the h just does seem unnecessary and confusing at that point. If you like the h because it’s closer to the Hebrew original [name]Azariah[/name], then go with the original prn of eye-ah. Or don’t cut off the A : D.

[name]Zariah[/name] to rhyme with [name]Mariah[/name]

I thought [name]Mariah[/name] with a Z but also like [name]Aria[/name] with a Z, because I know one but I think she spells it Zarreah or something kind of difficult with an extra y or something. :slight_smile: